Generating an invoice - problems

  • elfinger@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2001
      First of all, since I'm totally new to this group, I would like to
      say hello to everyone. I am trying to generate an XSL:FO document
      that takes info from an XML file and generates an invoice in PDF
      format. I am using FOP for the pdf generation. The problem I am
      having is that I have no idea how to go about handling multiple
      pages. The center part of the invoice which will have a table will
      hold all the items listed. I want a new page to be created if there
      are too many items. I have multiple problems:

      1. Am very new at XSL and FO! (I'm actually a graphic designer)
      2. I don't know how to determine how to count the rows that will fit
      in the items list on the invoice.
      3. Don't know how to have all the static elements repeated on the
      continue on the next page.

      I would appreciate any help!! Thanks.

      Best Regards,

      Tamim Azizadah

      Twin Moons Anime
      Everything Robotech!
      http://www.tmpanime.com
    • Etwin van Krimpen
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2001
        Tamim,

        First read http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/books/bible2/chapters/ch18.html.

        for a basic description of xslfo. Second: take a look at the fop examples. I
        believe they are in de Doc directory of fop.

        Regards, Etwin

      • elfinger@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2001
          Thanks Etwin! I figured out what I was doing wrong and it was much
          easier than I had originally thought.

          Best Regards,

          Tamim Azizadah

          Twin Moons Anime