Stuck with dynamic number of columns

  • virginie rejek
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 2001
      Hi

      I have an xml document i want to print into a table
      with fo.

      The problem is that depending on the xml documents,
      the number of columns of my fo table changes.

      I have tried to set the number of columns like this:

      <fo:table space-before.optimum="6pt" >
      <xsl:for-each select="date">
      <fo:table-column column-width="30pt" />
      </xsl:for-each>
      <fo:table-body>
      etc..
      </fo:table-body>
      </fo:table>

      but it does not work. I have made a lot of research on
      the net and could not find an answer.
      Is it possible to do that? Could you give me an
      example?
      I am using Cocoon2.0

      Thanks very much!

    • f d
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 18, 2001
        You need to separate the column generation from the
        styling of the data. Goto the periodic table example
        at www.ibibio.org/xml/books/bible/updates/15.html

        frank