text-align issue with fop 0.93

  • kumar puppala
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 23, 2007
      We have been using apache fop 0.20.5 and are
      planning to switch to .93 version. One difference I
      noticed between the two is when we have
      text-align="justify" set on an fo:block. I don't see
      the text justified properly as it used to do in the
      previous version. Are there any known issues here?

      Thanks,
      Kumar

      Got a little couch potato?
    • kpuppala
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 28, 2007
        I haven't got any responses for the below mentioned issue. I was
        going through the 'known Issues' list for fop 0.93 and it does
        mention about word spacing not working as expected. The corresponding
        testcase is named block_word_spacing_text_align_justify.xml. There is
        not a whole lot of information provided on this issue. For the pudits
        on this forum, do you see any corelation between the issue I am faced
        and the one already documented? If so, are there any workarounds.

        ______________
        > Got a little couch potato?
        > http://search.yahoo.com/search?
        fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 29, 2007
          kpuppala wrote:

          > I haven't got any responses for the below mentioned issue. I was
          > going through the 'known Issues' list for fop 0.93 and it does
          > mention about word spacing not working as expected. The corresponding
          > testcase is named block_word_spacing_text_align_justify.xml. There is
          > not a whole lot of information provided on this issue. For the pudits
          > on this forum, do you see any corelation between the issue I am faced
          > and the one already documented? If so, are there any workarounds.

          Does the text you are aligning contain any page-number-citations? I
          believe page number citations aren't properly aligned in fop-0.93. You
          might get better responses to FOP specific questions on the fop-users
          mailing list. See the following link for details on subscribing:

          http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/maillist.html#fop-user

          Chris

          <snip/>
        • kumar puppala
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 29, 2007
            Thanks for the response. The text does not contain any
            page-number-citations. However, the layout is in dual
            column. If I render the same text in single column
            layout, the very first line seems to be off but the
            remaining lines seem to align properly. I will post
            this on the other user group.

            thanks,
            Kumar