Re: [XSL-FO] how to prevenr overlapping of content with footer

  • J.Pietschmann
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007
      mina_hurray wrote:
      > Hi all:
      > Is there is a way to prevent the overlapping of content with the
      > footer of a page in xslfo?

      In most cases, such overlaps are caused by a too small bottom
      margin for the body region. Be sure that the bottom margin
      is larger than the extent of the region-after. In particular,
      make sure that the bottom margin of the region body is set,
      otherwise it is assumed to be zero.
      Bad:
      <fo:simple-page-master master-name="stuff"
      page-height="21cm" page-width="29.7cm">
      <fo:region-body margin-top="2.5cm"/>
      <fo:region-before extent="2.5cm"/>
      <fo:region-after extent="1.5cm"/>
      </fo:simple-page-master>

      Better:
      <fo:simple-page-master master-name="stuff"
      page-height="21cm" page-width="29.7cm">
      <fo:region-body margin-top="2.5cm" margin-bottom="1.5cm"/>
      <fo:region-before extent="2.5cm"/>
      <fo:region-after extent="1.5cm"/>
      </fo:simple-page-master>

      There are other, more esoteric ways to cause overlap between
      body content and footers, including software bugs.

      J.Pietschmann
    • ms
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007
        I decreased the extent for region-after and that
        worked well for me. Thanks for all your help.

        http://mail.yahoo.com