how to prevenr overlapping of content with footer

  • mina_hurray
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007
      Hi all:
      Is there is a way to prevent the overlapping of content with the
      footer of a page in xslfo?

      Thanks in advance for your help.
    • Eliot Kimber
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007
        mina_hurray wrote:

        > Hi all:
        > Is there is a way to prevent the overlapping of content with the
        > footer of a page in xslfo?

        Make sure your body region bottom margin is greater than or equal to the
        extent of the after region.

        Cheers,

        Eliot

        --
        W. Eliot Kimber
        Professional Services

        ekimber@...
        www.innodata-isogen.com
      • J.Pietschmann
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007
          mina_hurray wrote:
          > Hi all:
          > Is there is a way to prevent the overlapping of content with the
          > footer of a page in xslfo?

          In most cases, such overlaps are caused by a too small bottom
          margin for the body region. Be sure that the bottom margin
          is larger than the extent of the region-after. In particular,
          make sure that the bottom margin of the region body is set,
          otherwise it is assumed to be zero.
          Bad:
          <fo:simple-page-master master-name="stuff"
          page-height="21cm" page-width="29.7cm">
          <fo:region-body margin-top="2.5cm"/>
          <fo:region-before extent="2.5cm"/>
          <fo:region-after extent="1.5cm"/>
          </fo:simple-page-master>

          Better:
          <fo:simple-page-master master-name="stuff"
          page-height="21cm" page-width="29.7cm">
          <fo:region-body margin-top="2.5cm" margin-bottom="1.5cm"/>
          <fo:region-before extent="2.5cm"/>
          <fo:region-after extent="1.5cm"/>
          </fo:simple-page-master>

          There are other, more esoteric ways to cause overlap between
          body content and footers, including software bugs.

          J.Pietschmann
        • ms
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007
            I decreased the extent for region-after and that
            worked well for me. Thanks for all your help.

            http://mail.yahoo.com