Two pass process for page numbers

  • Carolyn
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2007
      I've read all over (as well as asked the question myself) and I
      realize there is no way to get a footer of:

      "Page 'current page number'/('next page number' Blank)"

      But I've read where some talk about a two-pass process on the FO.
      What exactly would that entail?

      What I'm picturing is
      1) creating the FO as well as the PDF
      2) count the number of pages per section
      3) search the FO for the 'Blank' and changing the footer to the page
      manually counted (I'd like to stick in the blank page also at this
      point since I can't do it through the first pass and make a unique
      last page footer)

      When dealing with a 10,000 page document I sure hope there's a better
      method than that.

      I'm using AntennaHouse V4.1.

      Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

      Carolyn Oliver