Issue with Pagelayout and keep togethers

  • mina_hurray
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2007
      Hello:

      I am faced with a bunch of problems involving page layout and keep
      together for tables.

      I have a layout for graphics pages:
      <fo:simple-page-master master-name="Graphics" page-height="11in"
      page-width="8.5in" margin-top="5mm" margin-bottom="5mm"
      margin-left="5mm" margin-right="5mm">
      <fo:region-body region-name="Graphics-region-body"
      margin-top="33mm" margin-bottom="5mm" margin-left="8mm"
      margin-right="8mm"/>
      <fo:region-before region-name="Graphics-region-before"
      extent="44mm"/>
      <fo:region-after region-name="Graphics-region-after"
      extent="50mm" display-align="after"/>
      </fo:simple-page-master>

      Now,if there is a title for the graphic, and there is a table
      following the graphic, and there is a table title , I have a rule to
      keep the distance between the table title and the graphic title at 18pt.

      There is a second rule to keep the table title with the table using
      "keep-with-next-within-page="always""

      There is a third rule to keep all the table rows together to prevent a
      long table running across pages to split across pages. The rule used
      is "keep-with-next-within-page=always".

      My issues are:

      1) If the page layout for the graphic pages i s changed, it results in
      "no space to recover" error while generating the PDF (using XEP)
      whenever there is a graphic larger than the defined layout.

      2) If the page layout is not changed, since there is an 18pt distance
      between the fig and table titles, the table title appear after 18pt at
      the end of the page, the first row of the table appears after that
      becoz of keep with next rule on the table title. So the table looks
      split and unformatted.

      Can anybody give me any suggestions to resolve this?

      Thank you in advance.