Re: [XSL-FO] Re: Question about SAXON

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2007
      Mina, following on what Eliot says below, there is a wrapper for SX
      that I have published that preserves the entity declaration subset of the SGML.

      Look for the "N2X Extended environment for SGML to XML
      transformation" in the free resources section of our web site cited below.

      I hope this helps.

      . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ken

      p.s. I believe there is no way to have Saxon accept SGML inputs, only
      XML for XSLT 1.0 and text is added for XSLT 2.0

      At 2007-04-02 15:05 -0500, W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
      >mina_hurray wrote:
      > >

      > > Basically the input file is in SGML format and the output needs to be
      > > a well formed XML. So my inputs would be the sgm file and the
      > > stylesheet to transform it and I am expecting a wellformed XML output.
      > > But I get this error.
      >
      >You need to use a tool to convert the SGML to XML before Saxon (or any
      >other XML processor) can process it. For example, James Clark's SX tool,
      >part of the SP package (http://www.jclark.com/sp/index.htm) will do it.
      >Or, if you're using the Arbortext editor, you can do a "save as XML".
      >But I usually use SX for this in batch mode.
      >
      >There are other tools that will do it, but that's the easiest that I can
      >think of.
      >
      >Cheers,
      >
      >Eliot

      RSS feeds: publicly-available developer resources and training
    • mina_hurray
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2007
        I will take a look at both. Thank you very much for all your help.