Re: [XSL-FO] Re: align=char in cals table model and XSLFO implementation

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2007
      At 2007-03-27 18:46 +0000, mina_hurray wrote:
      >As usual Mr.Holman, your answer has helped me understand this a lot
      >better. I just have one more question. While authoring any cals table
      >model, if I have to use this attribute the way to do it as I
      >understand is:
      ><entry align="char" char="."/>

      Yes, that's what I see in the OASIS specification.

      >Even though I do have a text-align attribute on this entry, XEP throws
      >an error saying "Attribute text-align cannot have a value "char" "
      >As per your explanation, text-align="." should align the decimal
      >point, which means that I should be assigning the value of "char" to
      >the "text-align" attribute.
      >Is this a correct understanding?

      Yes, something along the lines of text-align="{@char}" based on where
      you have this in your stylesheet.

      However, looking at the current XEP Reference of the implementation
      of formatting objects and their properties, this documentation
      explicitly states that a <string> value for text-align= is not implemented:

      So I don't think you are going to have any luck even if you do make
      your change to the stylesheet.

      In your earlier message you did not mention which formatter you were
      using ... the example I gave you works with Antenna House ... had you
      mentioned you were using XEP then a review of the implementation
      documentation would have answered this earlier.

      I hope this helps, though it seems it may not be what you were looking for.

      RSS feeds: publicly-available developer resources and training