Re: Centering a table in XSLFO

  • mina_hurray
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
      For a pgwide attribute=1 , I tried span=all and width=100%. It does
      not work for both cases. I want the table to span the region-body when
      the pgwide attribute is set to 1. How can I dothis?

      --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "W. Eliot Kimber" <ekimber@...> wrote:

      > mina_hurray wrote:
      > >

      > > Thanks for all your help on this. Instead of centering, if I want to
      > > make it page wide using the "pgwide" attribute from the cals table,
      > > when I say if "pgwide="1" then make the width=100%, it does not work.
      > > Any suggestions are appreciated.
      >
      > 100% means "the width of the current containing reference area", which
      > would usually mean the body page region.
      >
      > If you want the table to be literally the width of the page, then you
      > would need to first create an absolutely-positioned block-container
      that
      > is the width of the page and then put the table in that.
      >
      > If you're trying to implement processing of CALS or OASIS Interchange
      > Model tables, the easiest thing to do is to crib the table processing
      > code from the DocBook XSLTs.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > E.
      >
      > --
      > W. Eliot Kimber
      > Professional Services
      > Innodata Isogen
      > 8500 N. Mopac, Suite 402
      > Austin, TX 78759
      > (214) 954-5198
      >
      > ekimber@...
      > www.innodata-isogen.com

    • W. Eliot Kimber
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 26, 2007
        mina_hurray wrote:

        > For a pgwide attribute=1 , I tried span=all and width=100%. It does
        > not work for both cases. I want the table to span the region-body when
        > the pgwide attribute is set to 1. How can I dothis?

        Would have to see the FO data to know what should or shouldn't work as
        well as which XSL-FO engine you're using. There could be many reasons
        why it's not doing what you want, including things like inherited start
        indent.

        Cheers,

        Eliot

        --