Re: Centering a table in XSLFO

  • mina_hurray
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 16, 2007
      Thanks for all your help on this. Instead of centering, if I want to
      make it page wide using the "pgwide" attribute from the cals table,
      when I say if "pgwide="1" then make the width=100%, it does not work.
      Any suggestions are appreciated.

      --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@...> wrote:

      > mina_hurray wrote:
      > > I was trying to center a table in XSLFO, and when I looked up on the
      > > lists, there were two answers
      > >
      > > 1) use <fo:table-and-caption text-align="center">
      > > 2) Centering a tbale is not possible in XSLFO. Instead use
      start-indent.

      > > I tried <fo:table-and-caption> and it does not center it,instead the
      > > start-indent indents it. But what I would really like to do is center
      > > the table. Is it that only XEP dpes not support this option? Please
      > > let me know any suggestions.
      >
      > Try using padding columns, or a blind table with padding columns:
      > http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/fo.html#fo-center-table-horizon
      >
      > J.Pietschmann

    • W. Eliot Kimber
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 17, 2007
        mina_hurray wrote:

        > Thanks for all your help on this. Instead of centering, if I want to
        > make it page wide using the "pgwide" attribute from the cals table,
        > when I say if "pgwide="1" then make the width=100%, it does not work.
        > Any suggestions are appreciated.

        100% means "the width of the current containing reference area", which
        would usually mean the body page region.

        If you want the table to be literally the width of the page, then you
        would need to first create an absolutely-positioned block-container that
        is the width of the page and then put the table in that.

        If you're trying to implement processing of CALS or OASIS Interchange
        Model tables, the easiest thing to do is to crib the table processing
        code from the DocBook XSLTs.

        Cheers,

        E.

        --
        W. Eliot Kimber
        Professional Services

        ekimber@...
        www.innodata-isogen.com
      • mina_hurray
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
          For a pgwide attribute=1 , I tried span=all and width=100%. It does
          not work for both cases. I want the table to span the region-body when
          the pgwide attribute is set to 1. How can I dothis?

          --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "W. Eliot Kimber" <ekimber@...> wrote:

          > mina_hurray wrote:
          > >

          > > Thanks for all your help on this. Instead of centering, if I want to
          > > make it page wide using the "pgwide" attribute from the cals table,
          > > when I say if "pgwide="1" then make the width=100%, it does not work.
          > > Any suggestions are appreciated.
          >
          > 100% means "the width of the current containing reference area", which
          > would usually mean the body page region.
          >
          > If you want the table to be literally the width of the page, then you
          > would need to first create an absolutely-positioned block-container
          that
          > is the width of the page and then put the table in that.
          >
          > If you're trying to implement processing of CALS or OASIS Interchange
          > Model tables, the easiest thing to do is to crib the table processing
          > code from the DocBook XSLTs.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > E.
          >
          > --
          > W. Eliot Kimber
          > Professional Services
          > Innodata Isogen
          > 8500 N. Mopac, Suite 402
          > Austin, TX 78759
          > (214) 954-5198
          >
          > ekimber@...
          > www.innodata-isogen.com

        • W. Eliot Kimber
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 26, 2007
            mina_hurray wrote:

            > For a pgwide attribute=1 , I tried span=all and width=100%. It does
            > not work for both cases. I want the table to span the region-body when
            > the pgwide attribute is set to 1. How can I dothis?

            Would have to see the FO data to know what should or shouldn't work as
            well as which XSL-FO engine you're using. There could be many reasons
            why it's not doing what you want, including things like inherited start
            indent.

            Cheers,

            Eliot

            --