Re: [XSL-FO] calculating proportional column width in a table

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2007
      At 2007-02-06 21:37 +0000, mina_hurray wrote:
      >How do you calculate the proportional col width for a table if there is
      >no column width declared, and divide the columns proportionally?

      The processor does this for you.

      >Suppose I have three columns and the column width only for the first
      >column as 2in, how do you write a style sheet to proportinally
      >distribute the column width between the other two columns in the table?

      p-c-w(1) and p-c-w(1) .. the processor will determine the table
      width, deduct the specified widths, then proportion the remaining
      columns by their specified proportions.

      I hope this helps.

      . . . . . . . . . . Ken

      RSS feeds: publicly-available developer resources and training
    • ms
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2007
        Hi:

        Thank you for your reply. Actually, I was looking to
        style a cals table in XSLFO and should have been more
        clear in my question.

        My xml has:

        <colspec colnum="1" colwidth="2.5in"/>
        <colspec colnum="2" colwidth="2*"/>
        <colspec colnum="3" colwidth="3*"/>

        This is what I meant by proportional colwidth. How do
        I handle this in the style sheet?

        Thanks in advance.

        --- "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@...>
        wrote:

        > At 2007-02-06 21:37 +0000, mina_hurray wrote:
        > >How do you calculate the proportional col width for
        > a table if there is
        > >no column width declared, and divide the columns
        > proportionally?
        >
        > The processor does this for you.
        >
        > >Suppose I have three columns and the column width
        > only for the first
        > >column as 2in, how do you write a style sheet to
        > proportinally
        > >distribute the column width between the other two
        > columns in the table?
        >
        > p-c-w(1) and p-c-w(1) .. the processor will
        > determine the table
        > width, deduct the specified widths, then proportion
        > the remaining
        > columns by their specified proportions.
        >
        > I hope this helps.
        >
        > . . . . . . . . . . Ken
        >
        > --
        > World-wide corporate, govt. & user group XML, XSL
        > and UBL training
        > RSS feeds: publicly-available developer
        > resources and training
        > G. Ken Holman
        > mailto:gkholman@...
        > Crane Softwrights Ltd.
        > http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
        > Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0
        > +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
        > Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05
        > http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/bc
        > Legal business disclaimers:
        > http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal

        Finding fabulous fares is fun.
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2007
          At 2007-02-06 18:48 -0800, ms wrote:
          >Thank you for your reply. Actually, I was looking to
          >style a cals table in XSLFO and should have been more
          >clear in my question.
          >
          >My xml has:
          >
          ><colspec colnum="1" colwidth="2.5in"/>
          ><colspec colnum="2" colwidth="2*"/>
          ><colspec colnum="3" colwidth="3*"/>
          >
          >This is what I meant by proportional colwidth. How do
          >I handle this in the style sheet?

          Yes, that question is a lot clearer.

          column-width="2.5in"
          column-width="proportional-column-width(2)"
          column-width="proportional-column-width(3)"

          I hope this helps.

          RSS feeds: publicly-available developer resources and training
        • mina_hurray
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 9, 2007
            Hi Ken:

            That worked. Thanks a lot.