calculating proportional column width in a table

  • mina_hurray
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2007
      Hi all:

      How do you calculate the proportional col width for a table if there is
      no column width declared, and divide the columns proportionally?

      Suppose I have three columns and the column width only for the first
      column as 2in, how do you write a style sheet to proportinally
      distribute the column width between the other two columns in the table?
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2007
        At 2007-02-06 21:37 +0000, mina_hurray wrote:
        >How do you calculate the proportional col width for a table if there is
        >no column width declared, and divide the columns proportionally?

        The processor does this for you.

        >Suppose I have three columns and the column width only for the first
        >column as 2in, how do you write a style sheet to proportinally
        >distribute the column width between the other two columns in the table?

        p-c-w(1) and p-c-w(1) .. the processor will determine the table
        width, deduct the specified widths, then proportion the remaining
        columns by their specified proportions.

        I hope this helps.

        . . . . . . . . . . Ken

        RSS feeds: publicly-available developer resources and training
      • ms
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2007
          Hi:

          Thank you for your reply. Actually, I was looking to
          style a cals table in XSLFO and should have been more
          clear in my question.

          My xml has:

          <colspec colnum="1" colwidth="2.5in"/>
          <colspec colnum="2" colwidth="2*"/>
          <colspec colnum="3" colwidth="3*"/>

          This is what I meant by proportional colwidth. How do
          I handle this in the style sheet?

          Thanks in advance.

          --- "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@...>
          wrote:

          > At 2007-02-06 21:37 +0000, mina_hurray wrote:
          > >How do you calculate the proportional col width for
          > a table if there is
          > >no column width declared, and divide the columns
          > proportionally?
          >
          > The processor does this for you.
          >
          > >Suppose I have three columns and the column width
          > only for the first
          > >column as 2in, how do you write a style sheet to
          > proportinally
          > >distribute the column width between the other two
          > columns in the table?
          >
          > p-c-w(1) and p-c-w(1) .. the processor will
          > determine the table
          > width, deduct the specified widths, then proportion
          > the remaining
          > columns by their specified proportions.
          >
          > I hope this helps.
          >
          > . . . . . . . . . . Ken
          >
          > --
          > World-wide corporate, govt. & user group XML, XSL
          > and UBL training
          > RSS feeds: publicly-available developer
          > resources and training
          > G. Ken Holman
          > mailto:gkholman@...
          > Crane Softwrights Ltd.
          > http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
          > Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0
          > +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
          > Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05
          > http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/bc
          > Legal business disclaimers:
          > http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal

          Finding fabulous fares is fun.
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 6, 2007
            At 2007-02-06 18:48 -0800, ms wrote:
            >Thank you for your reply. Actually, I was looking to
            >style a cals table in XSLFO and should have been more
            >clear in my question.
            >
            >My xml has:
            >
            ><colspec colnum="1" colwidth="2.5in"/>
            ><colspec colnum="2" colwidth="2*"/>
            ><colspec colnum="3" colwidth="3*"/>
            >
            >This is what I meant by proportional colwidth. How do
            >I handle this in the style sheet?

            Yes, that question is a lot clearer.

            column-width="2.5in"
            column-width="proportional-column-width(2)"
            column-width="proportional-column-width(3)"

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 9, 2007
              Hi Ken:

              That worked. Thanks a lot.