Alignment in XSLFO

  • mina_hurray
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2007
      Hi all:

      I have graphic and a box below that. There is a gap between the box and
      the graphic. How do I fill that up? i tried using padding but it did
      not work. Please let me know.

      Thank you.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2007
        At 2007-01-31 16:48 +0000, mina_hurray wrote:
        >I have graphic and a box below that. There is a gap between the box and
        >the graphic. How do I fill that up? i tried using padding but it did
        >not work. Please let me know.

        You don't show your XSL-FO which would help a lot if you did so.

        Remember that a graphic is an inline object, and hence it sits on the
        dominant baseline of your line. I warn my XSL-FO students that this
        will give the effect of a "superscripted" image, or in your case, a
        gap between the image and the line below.

        If you use alignment-baseline="after-edge" on your graphic, that will
        drop the graphic from the dominant baseline to the after edge of the line.

        I hope this helps.

        . . . . . . . . . . Ken

        RSS feeds: publicly-available developer resources and training
      • Manoj G Pillai
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2007
          --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "mina_hurray" <mina_hurray@...> wrote:

          > Hi all:
          >
          > I have graphic and a box below that. There is a gap between the box
          and
          > the graphic. How do I fill that up? i tried using padding but it did
          > not work. Please let me know.
          >
          > Thank you.

          Hi Meena
          Please try using the different options of " alignment-baseline "
          attribute on your graphic , I think it should work for you .

          Thanks
          Mpillai