Re: [XSL-FO] Graphic measurments on XSL:FO using renderx XEP

  • J.Pietschmann
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2007
      mina_hurray wrote:
      > I am not sure how to word my question. Basically, I have a graphic
      > having width and height in Inches. As in '7.5Inches' and '7.84Inches'.
      > If my input xml graphic has:
      >
      > <graphic src="" width="7.5Inches" height="7.84Inches"/>
      > <xsl:when test="@height">
      > <xsl:value-of select="@height"/>
      > Will this just display the graphics with the right width and height or
      > should the width and height be converted to pixels?

      Probably not, because XSLFO uses "in" as representation for
      the unit "inch", as in
      content-height="7.5in"

      You can try to strip the "Inches" suffix, if it is fixed, and
      add the "in" in the XSLT. If the XML authors also use "1Inch"
      and/or "7.84inches" or something, you probably are in trouble.

      J.Pietschmann
    • mina_hurray
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2007
        Thank you for your response. Is it better then to convert the
        measuments from inches to Pixels using dpi of 75? How do I set the
        dpi?

        --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@...> wrote:

        > mina_hurray wrote:
        > > I am not sure how to word my question. Basically, I have a graphic
        > > having width and height in Inches. As in '7.5Inches'
        and '7.84Inches'.
        > > If my input xml graphic has:
        > >
        > > <graphic src="" width="7.5Inches" height="7.84Inches"/>
        > > <xsl:when test="@height">
        > > <xsl:value-of select="@height"/>
        > > Will this just display the graphics with the right width and
        height or
        > > should the width and height be converted to pixels?
        >
        > Probably not, because XSLFO uses "in" as representation for
        > the unit "inch", as in
        > content-height="7.5in"
        >

        > You can try to strip the "Inches" suffix, if it is fixed, and
        > add the "in" in the XSLT. If the XML authors also use "1Inch"
        > and/or "7.84inches" or something, you probably are in trouble.
        >
        > J.Pietschmann

      • J.Pietschmann
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 31, 2007
          mina_hurray wrote:
          > Thank you for your response. Is it better then to convert the
          > measuments from inches to Pixels using dpi of 75? How do I set the
          > dpi?

          I don't understand the purpose of this approach.
          In most cases, image dimensions shouldn't be measured in pixels.
          Inches are fine.

          J.Pietschmann
        • mina_hurray
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
            Thank you for your input. I shall retain the measurment in Inches.