Pocket Excel issue with Windows Mobile device

  • yunchung hsu
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2007
      Hi:

      Hi,
      POI has worked well for several features of our applications
      involving Excel spreadsheets. Recently we explored the possibility of reading
      Excel files that have been prepared on a Windows Mobile device (e.g. HP
      IPAQ) using Pocket Excel. These devices are gaining popularity at
      receiving sites, where they are often outfitted with a barcode scanner.
      Although these files can be displayed with no problem on a desktop PC using
      Excel, the files cannot be read by POI. We have found and tested an
      open source package, JExcelAPI, that reads spreadsheets prepared using
      either desktop or Pocket without a problem. Can anybody give us some idea
      about this?
      Thanks!
      Chung