Re: [XSL-FO] Make a line from the top left corner to the bottom right corner

  • W. Eliot Kimber
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2006
      virgul4u wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I use Fop 0.20.5
      >
      > I'm asking me if it's possible to write a line from the top left
      > corner to the bottom right corner of all the page without affecting
      > my content in my pdf page?

      There is no FO-defined mechanism for drawing diagonals in regions or
      blocks (Antenna House provides an extension for doing it in blocks).

      The only general way to do it would be with a page background or an
      absolutely-positioned block-container (i.e., in one of the edge regions
      where the edge region's extent occupies the entire page) with a graphic.
      SVG would be the easiest and most efficient way to do it (that is, it's
      trivial to draw a single line in SVG markup and it would take less
      storage than a bitmap of the same line and would not have any resolution
      problems).

      Cheers,

      Eliot
      --
      W. Eliot Kimber
      Professional Services

      ekimber@...
      www.innodata-isogen.com
    • virgul4u
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 20, 2006

        Thanks a lot for your answer and sorry for have take time to answer...

        Ok so I need to write a SVG line but I have make some search on
        internet without found anything interesting about the construction of
        this line.

        Can you give me a link or an example or somethings that help me to
        understand how that works?

        Thanks a lot

        Thierry
      • virgul4u
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 20, 2006
          Ok I have foound how to do:

          <fo:instream-foreign-object>
          <svg:svg width="500px" height="500px" viewBox="0 0 200 200">
          <svg:line x1="30" y1="0" x2="985" y2="985" style="stroke:
          black;" />
          </svg:svg>
          </fo:instream-foreign-object>

          ++