Re: [XSL-FO] Re: Displaying blank page number without actually insertinga blank

  • J.Pietschmann
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
      W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
      > But why not just generate the page in the FO? I'm not sure I clearly
      > understand your requirements.

      If it's a blank page, there is no way to get a page number citation,
      at least not by referencing flow content. I'm not sure what happens
      if a page number citation references static content.

      J.PIetschmann
    • Shawn
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
        If you have text within a list-item-body that has a larger font size than
        the list item label (and the other text within the list-item) in FO, It
        aligns the tops of the label and text. Here's the fo:

        <fo:list-block provisional-label-seperation="5pt">
        <fo:list-item keep-with-next="always">
        <fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()"
        text-align="right">
        <fo:block>1. </fo:block>
        </fo:list-item-label>
        <fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
        <fo:block>One</fo:block>
        </fo:list-item-body>
        </fo:list-item>
        <fo:list-item>
        <fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()"
        text-align="right">
        <fo:block>2. </fo:block>
        </fo:list-item-label>
        <fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
        <fo:block>Two</fo:block>
        </fo:list-item-body>
        </fo:list-item>
        <fo:list-item keep-with-previous="always">
        <fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()"
        text-align="right">
        <fo:block>3. </fo:block>
        </fo:list-item-label>
        <fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
        <fo:block>
        <fo:inline>Three</fo:inline>
        <fo:inline font-size="36pt">Big</fo:inline>
        <fo:inline>Three</fo:inline>
        </fo:block>
        </fo:list-item-body>
        </fo:list-item>
        </fo:list-block>

        In HTML, it aligns the bottoms. Here's the html:
        <OL>
        <LI>One</LI>
        <LI>Two</LI>
        <LI>
        <Span>Three</Span><Span style="FONT-SIZE:
        36pt">Big</Span><Span>Three</Span>
        </LI>
        </OL>

        Does any one have any ideas on how to make the fo look like the html? I can
        do it by replacing the fo:block elements inside the list-item-body with
        fo:inline and putting the blocks inside the list-item (ex):

        <fo:list-item keep-with-previous="always">
        <fo:block>
        <fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()"
        text-align="right">
        <fo:inline>3. </fo:inline>
        </fo:list-item-label>
        <fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
        <fo:inline>
        <fo:inline>Three</fo:inline>
        <fo:inline font-size="36pt">Big</fo:inline>
        <fo:inline>Three</fo:inline>
        </fo:inline>
        </fo:list-item-body>
        </fo:block>
        </fo:list-item>

        But if I use embedded lists, it doesn't render correctly -- my fo renderer
        (ibex) says "fo:list-item-label contained in an fo:list-item-body,
        fo:list-item-label should be child of fo:list-item". The label is actually
        a child of the fo:block, which is a child of the list item. As I said, as
        long as I don't use an embedded list that works, but I realize it is bad fo.

        Any ideas on a work-around using proper fo?
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
          At 2006-11-03 16:53 -0600, Shawn wrote:
          >If you have text within a list-item-body that has a larger font size than
          >the list item label (and the other text within the list-item) in FO, It
          >aligns the tops of the label and text.

          Yes, the initial value for relative-align= is the before-edge.

          >Does any one have any ideas on how to make the fo look like the html?

          Have you tried relative-align="baseline"?

          >But if I use embedded lists, it doesn't render correctly -- my fo renderer
          >(ibex) says "fo:list-item-label contained in an fo:list-item-body,
          >fo:list-item-label should be child of fo:list-item".

          Correct, the structure of lists is very rigid.

          >Any ideas on a work-around using proper fo?

          I think you'll find this property will help you.

          --
          UBL/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Allerød/Vårø Denmark 2006-11-13,17,20/24
          UBL International 2006 2006-11-13/17 http://www.ublconference.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 4, 2006
            Thanks for the info!

            Unfortunately, my pdf generator doesn't implement that property. Hopefully
            in a not so distant future release they will.