Re: [XSL-FO] Re: Displaying blank page number without actually insertinga blank

  • W. Eliot Kimber
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
      Carolyn wrote:
      > > How do I add 1 to that number to indicate the true page count I should
      > > end up with after manually adding the blank?
      > >

      > I take it that this can't be done then?

      Correct--you cannot perform arithmetic on page numbers.

      But why not just generate the page in the FO? I'm not sure I clearly
      understand your requirements.

      Cheers,

      Eliot

      --
      W. Eliot Kimber
      Professional Services

      ekimber@...
      www.innodata-isogen.com
    • J.Pietschmann
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
        W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
        > But why not just generate the page in the FO? I'm not sure I clearly
        > understand your requirements.

        If it's a blank page, there is no way to get a page number citation,
        at least not by referencing flow content. I'm not sure what happens
        if a page number citation references static content.

        J.PIetschmann
      • Shawn
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
          If you have text within a list-item-body that has a larger font size than
          the list item label (and the other text within the list-item) in FO, It
          aligns the tops of the label and text. Here's the fo:

          <fo:list-block provisional-label-seperation="5pt">
          <fo:list-item keep-with-next="always">
          <fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()"
          text-align="right">
          <fo:block>1. </fo:block>
          </fo:list-item-label>
          <fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
          <fo:block>One</fo:block>
          </fo:list-item-body>
          </fo:list-item>
          <fo:list-item>
          <fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()"
          text-align="right">
          <fo:block>2. </fo:block>
          </fo:list-item-label>
          <fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
          <fo:block>Two</fo:block>
          </fo:list-item-body>
          </fo:list-item>
          <fo:list-item keep-with-previous="always">
          <fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()"
          text-align="right">
          <fo:block>3. </fo:block>
          </fo:list-item-label>
          <fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
          <fo:block>
          <fo:inline>Three</fo:inline>
          <fo:inline font-size="36pt">Big</fo:inline>
          <fo:inline>Three</fo:inline>
          </fo:block>
          </fo:list-item-body>
          </fo:list-item>
          </fo:list-block>

          In HTML, it aligns the bottoms. Here's the html:
          <OL>
          <LI>One</LI>
          <LI>Two</LI>
          <LI>
          <Span>Three</Span><Span style="FONT-SIZE:
          36pt">Big</Span><Span>Three</Span>
          </LI>
          </OL>

          Does any one have any ideas on how to make the fo look like the html? I can
          do it by replacing the fo:block elements inside the list-item-body with
          fo:inline and putting the blocks inside the list-item (ex):

          <fo:list-item keep-with-previous="always">
          <fo:block>
          <fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()"
          text-align="right">
          <fo:inline>3. </fo:inline>
          </fo:list-item-label>
          <fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
          <fo:inline>
          <fo:inline>Three</fo:inline>
          <fo:inline font-size="36pt">Big</fo:inline>
          <fo:inline>Three</fo:inline>
          </fo:inline>
          </fo:list-item-body>
          </fo:block>
          </fo:list-item>

          But if I use embedded lists, it doesn't render correctly -- my fo renderer
          (ibex) says "fo:list-item-label contained in an fo:list-item-body,
          fo:list-item-label should be child of fo:list-item". The label is actually
          a child of the fo:block, which is a child of the list item. As I said, as
          long as I don't use an embedded list that works, but I realize it is bad fo.

          Any ideas on a work-around using proper fo?
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
            At 2006-11-03 16:53 -0600, Shawn wrote:
            >If you have text within a list-item-body that has a larger font size than
            >the list item label (and the other text within the list-item) in FO, It
            >aligns the tops of the label and text.

            Yes, the initial value for relative-align= is the before-edge.

            >Does any one have any ideas on how to make the fo look like the html?

            Have you tried relative-align="baseline"?

            >But if I use embedded lists, it doesn't render correctly -- my fo renderer
            >(ibex) says "fo:list-item-label contained in an fo:list-item-body,
            >fo:list-item-label should be child of fo:list-item".

            Correct, the structure of lists is very rigid.

            >Any ideas on a work-around using proper fo?

            I think you'll find this property will help you.

            --
            UBL/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Allerød/Vårø Denmark 2006-11-13,17,20/24
            UBL International 2006 2006-11-13/17 http://www.ublconference.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 4, 2006
              Thanks for the info!

              Unfortunately, my pdf generator doesn't implement that property. Hopefully
              in a not so distant future release they will.