Re: [XSL-FO] Table Lines

  • J.Pietschmann
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2006
      delmundo51 wrote:
      > i am using fop0.92beta and Java 1.5 to create Pdfs.
      >
      > I create Tables and add in each "table-cell"-tag the
      > parameters border="0.5pt solid black" to get lines.
      > The problem is that neighbouring cells add up with their line-widths.
      > That means that the outside lines of the table are 0.5pt wide but all
      > other lines who have neighbouring cells are 1.0pt wide or in other
      > words two times 0.5pt .

      The problem is that the "collapsing border" model isn't implemented
      in FOP 0.29 (you should have seen a warning).
      The only workaround is to emulate it by setting the various borders
      explicitely. This is messy but doable, something like
      <fo:table-cell border-right="0.5pt solid black"
      border-bottom="0.5pt solid black">
      <!-- add left border for leftmost cells -->
      <xsl:if test="...determine whether it's a left cell...">
      <xsl:attribute name="border-left">0.5pt solid black</xsl:attribute>
      </xsl:if>
      <!-- add top border for topmost cells -->
      <xsl:if test="...determine whether it's a top cell...">
      <xsl:attribute name="border-top">0.5pt solid black</xsl:attribute>
      </xsl:if>

      HTH
      J.Pietschmann