Table Lines

  • delmundo51
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2006
      Hi guys,

      i am using fop0.92beta and Java 1.5 to create Pdfs.

      I create Tables and add in each "table-cell"-tag the
      parameters border="0.5pt solid black" to get lines.
      The problem is that neighbouring cells add up with their line-widths.
      That means that the outside lines of the table are 0.5pt wide but all
      other lines who have neighbouring cells are 1.0pt wide or in other
      words two times 0.5pt .

      When i user other tools like editix4.3 all the lines are 0.5pt wide.

      Does anyone know a workaround to this problem in FOP?

      Thank`s a lot,
      Rolf
    • J.Pietschmann
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 19, 2006
        delmundo51 wrote:
        > i am using fop0.92beta and Java 1.5 to create Pdfs.
        >
        > I create Tables and add in each "table-cell"-tag the
        > parameters border="0.5pt solid black" to get lines.
        > The problem is that neighbouring cells add up with their line-widths.
        > That means that the outside lines of the table are 0.5pt wide but all
        > other lines who have neighbouring cells are 1.0pt wide or in other
        > words two times 0.5pt .

        The problem is that the "collapsing border" model isn't implemented
        in FOP 0.29 (you should have seen a warning).
        The only workaround is to emulate it by setting the various borders
        explicitely. This is messy but doable, something like
        <fo:table-cell border-right="0.5pt solid black"
        border-bottom="0.5pt solid black">
        <!-- add left border for leftmost cells -->
        <xsl:if test="...determine whether it's a left cell...">
        <xsl:attribute name="border-left">0.5pt solid black</xsl:attribute>
        </xsl:if>
        <!-- add top border for topmost cells -->
        <xsl:if test="...determine whether it's a top cell...">
        <xsl:attribute name="border-top">0.5pt solid black</xsl:attribute>
        </xsl:if>

        HTH
        J.Pietschmann