RE: [XSL-FO] Re: Cannot create xml file for add Font to FOP-0.20.5

  • Ken Sands
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 25, 2006
      I'm sure I reported it about 7-8 months ago when I first came across it,
      I needed
      a fix straight away for our systems and didn't expect anyone to jump on
      it and get a new
      build out just for me so I sorted it myself, it's not greatly tidy code
      and as I was in a rush at the time never sorted myself out with an
      account so that I could submit anything back. It may well have been
      picked up
      and fixed after I reported it but it's not easy keeping up with things
      while having a job to do as I'm sure you can apprieciate.

      Also I've just realised I'm using 0.91beta not 0.90 it's just built
      Into the folder where I used to have 0.90 because it saved me having
      To change the paths I had in a load of scripts.

      The triangle here is fierce on cost and speed, quality doesn't get a
      look in!

      I've just had a quick look at what I did, basically fop would put in the
      page setup stuff
      On every page, this caused the printer to throw the page and start a new
      one even if in duplex mode
      So I have
      <ps:ps-setup-code name="duplex"
      xmlns:ps="http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/postscript">
      <<
      /Duplex true
      /PageSize [595 842]
      /ImagingBBox null
      >> setpagedevice
      </ps:ps-setup-code>

      In my stylesheet for my duplex job

      And the page setup stuff in fop I have moved from the every page bit to
      the once only document setup bit
      I know this prevents useful things like changing orientation or duplex
      mode part way through but as I said
      I needed a fix at the time. Infact due to needing one job simplex
      landscape and one duplex portrait I
      Built 2 fops for my needs, however it'd be quite easy to make them
      switch properly, I did have a version
      Built from 0.90 that did do that, I was just more lazy when I "fixed" up
      my 0.91 files.

      The following snippets are all in the fop\render\ps\PSRenderer.java file

      ******
      gen.writeDSCComment(DSCConstants.PAGE_RESOURCES,
      new Object[] {PSGenerator.ATEND});
      gen.commentln("%FOPSimplePageMaster: " +
      page.getSPM().getMasterName());
      gen.writeDSCComment(DSCConstants.BEGIN_PAGE_SETUP);
      gen.writeln("[1 0 0 -1 0 841.88898] concat");

      //Handle PSSetupCode instances on simple-page-master
      if (page.getSPM().getExtensionAttachments().size() > 0) {
      List list = new java.util.ArrayList();
      //Extract all PSSetupCode instances from the attachment list
      on the s-p-m
      Iterator i =
      page.getSPM().getExtensionAttachments().iterator();
      while (i.hasNext()) {
      ExtensionAttachment attachment =
      (ExtensionAttachment)i.next();
      if
      (PSSetupCode.CATEGORY.equals(attachment.getCategory())) {
      list.add(attachment);
      }
      }
      writeSetupCodeList(list, "PageSetupCode");
      }
      *******

      ******
      //page setup removed from here, moved to once only section at top

      //Process page
      super.renderPage(page);

      writeln("showpage");
      gen.writeDSCComment(DSCConstants.PAGE_TRAILER);
      gen.writeResources(true);
      gen.writeDSCComment(DSCConstants.END_PAGE);
      }
      ******

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 25, 2006
        virgul4u wrote:
        > But with this I cant add the option for protect my pdf because if I
        > do this my pdf make an warning message on open and my font is
        > transformed to little : "......"? Is it normal?

        Yes. FOP 0.20.5 can't encrypt PDF documents with non-standard fonts
        properly.

        > If yes did Fop 0.90Beta have this probleme too?

        No, this particular problem has been fixed.

        > For me, install 0.90 beta for make my pdf is not possible because I
        > have already try and I have not the same render as I have on the
        > 0.20.5.

        Try the latest release, it has most of the elementary bugs fixed
        (in particular the text alignment issues, except for page numbers).

        J.Pietschmann