Re: [XSL-FO] Re: Cannot create xml file for add Font to FOP-0.20.5

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 25, 2006
      Ken Sands wrote:

      > I did check that out, it never worked, I looked into the java code and
      > found that the place it would add the postscript commands was overridden
      > by the defaults fop had in place for the page. This may have been fixed
      > in the newest version but was an issue in 0.90 the postscript insert was
      > fine for other things but the pagesetup section itself was overwritten.

      Interesting. I will take a closer look at this myself. If you had
      reported it sooner it would have been fixed by now.

      > Therefore I sorted out the java code myself to allow simplex/duplex
      > longedge/shortedge to be controlled from the stlyesheet. If you're
      > interested I'll dig out the section of code, just not today as one of
      > our programmers has just zipped off to become a dad leaving me busy!

      Yes, it would be interesting to see the code when you've got a chance.

    • Ken Sands
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 25, 2006
        I'm sure I reported it about 7-8 months ago when I first came across it,
        I needed
        a fix straight away for our systems and didn't expect anyone to jump on
        it and get a new
        build out just for me so I sorted it myself, it's not greatly tidy code
        and as I was in a rush at the time never sorted myself out with an
        account so that I could submit anything back. It may well have been
        picked up
        and fixed after I reported it but it's not easy keeping up with things
        while having a job to do as I'm sure you can apprieciate.

        Also I've just realised I'm using 0.91beta not 0.90 it's just built
        Into the folder where I used to have 0.90 because it saved me having
        To change the paths I had in a load of scripts.

        The triangle here is fierce on cost and speed, quality doesn't get a
        look in!

        I've just had a quick look at what I did, basically fop would put in the
        page setup stuff
        On every page, this caused the printer to throw the page and start a new
        one even if in duplex mode
        So I have
        <ps:ps-setup-code name="duplex"
        xmlns:ps="http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/postscript">
        <<
        /Duplex true
        /PageSize [595 842]
        /ImagingBBox null
        >> setpagedevice
        </ps:ps-setup-code>

        In my stylesheet for my duplex job

        And the page setup stuff in fop I have moved from the every page bit to
        the once only document setup bit
        I know this prevents useful things like changing orientation or duplex
        mode part way through but as I said
        I needed a fix at the time. Infact due to needing one job simplex
        landscape and one duplex portrait I
        Built 2 fops for my needs, however it'd be quite easy to make them
        switch properly, I did have a version
        Built from 0.90 that did do that, I was just more lazy when I "fixed" up
        my 0.91 files.

        The following snippets are all in the fop\render\ps\PSRenderer.java file

        ******
        gen.writeDSCComment(DSCConstants.PAGE_RESOURCES,
        new Object[] {PSGenerator.ATEND});
        gen.commentln("%FOPSimplePageMaster: " +
        page.getSPM().getMasterName());
        gen.writeDSCComment(DSCConstants.BEGIN_PAGE_SETUP);
        gen.writeln("[1 0 0 -1 0 841.88898] concat");

        //Handle PSSetupCode instances on simple-page-master
        if (page.getSPM().getExtensionAttachments().size() > 0) {
        List list = new java.util.ArrayList();
        //Extract all PSSetupCode instances from the attachment list
        on the s-p-m
        Iterator i =
        page.getSPM().getExtensionAttachments().iterator();
        while (i.hasNext()) {
        ExtensionAttachment attachment =
        (ExtensionAttachment)i.next();
        if
        (PSSetupCode.CATEGORY.equals(attachment.getCategory())) {
        list.add(attachment);
        }
        }
        writeSetupCodeList(list, "PageSetupCode");
        }
        *******

        ******
        //page setup removed from here, moved to once only section at top

        //Process page
        super.renderPage(page);

        writeln("showpage");
        gen.writeDSCComment(DSCConstants.PAGE_TRAILER);
        gen.writeResources(true);
        gen.writeDSCComment(DSCConstants.END_PAGE);
        }
        ******

        > I did check that out, it never worked, I looked into the java code and

        > found that the place it would add the postscript commands was
        > overridden by the defaults fop had in place for the page. This may
        > have been fixed in the newest version but was an issue in 0.90 the
        > postscript insert was fine for other things but the pagesetup section
        > itself was overwritten.

        Interesting. I will take a closer look at this myself. If you had
        reported it sooner it would have been fixed by now.

        > Therefore I sorted out the java code myself to allow simplex/duplex
        > longedge/shortedge to be controlled from the stlyesheet. If you're
        > interested I'll dig out the section of code, just not today as one of
        > our programmers has just zipped off to become a dad leaving me busy!

        Yes, it would be interesting to see the code when you've got a chance.

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        --

        Scanned by mailCritical.
        --

        The DSI Group of Companies
        International House, Barlow Way,

        This message and any attachments is intended only for the individual or company to which it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged, confidential or prohibited from disclosure or unauthorised use. If the recipient of the transmission is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering such materials to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this email message or it's attachments other than by its intended recipients is strictly prohibited by the sender. If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by telephone on the number above and destroy the message and all copies in your possession.
      • J.Pietschmann
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 25, 2006
          virgul4u wrote:
          > But with this I cant add the option for protect my pdf because if I
          > do this my pdf make an warning message on open and my font is
          > transformed to little : "......"? Is it normal?

          Yes. FOP 0.20.5 can't encrypt PDF documents with non-standard fonts
          properly.

          > If yes did Fop 0.90Beta have this probleme too?

          No, this particular problem has been fixed.

          > For me, install 0.90 beta for make my pdf is not possible because I
          > have already try and I have not the same render as I have on the
          > 0.20.5.

          Try the latest release, it has most of the elementary bugs fixed
          (in particular the text alignment issues, except for page numbers).

          J.Pietschmann