Re: started using FOP 92; issue: t.o.c. not aligned correctly (page-number-citat

  • arianhojat2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17, 2006
      Okay i am pretty sure i have 'found the problem' but unsure how to fix it.
      page-number-citation seems to add its own padding to the right?
      anyone know why this is happening in fop .92?
      Everywhere i have a page-citation it adds alot of space to the right.
      gonna try to google and see if anyone had same problem with fop .92.

      --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "arianhojat2000" <arianhojat2000@...>
      wrote:

      > seems like whitespace is part of my problem so adds a bit of space
      > before and after the leaders, so instead of 'pretty printed' code, got
      > rid of spaces like so...
      >
      > <fo:leader leader-pattern="dots"
      > leader-alignment="page"/><fo:inline><fo:page-number-citation
      > ref-id="_Chapter"/></fo:inline>
      >

      > But still that big space to the right of the page number. the page
      > number should be allll the way to the right and it is not. kinda
      > stumped on that as i am even explicitly setting margin, padding,
      > end-indent to 0px.
      >
      > let you all know if fix it.
      >
      > --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "arianhojat2000" <arianhojat2000@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Seems like FOP 0.92 solvwes alot of my problems. I am having 1 issue
      > > though...
      > >
      > > i have a table of contents that used leaders to do something like
      this.

      > > Chapter1.......................................1
      > > ___SubChapter1.................................5
      > > ___SubChapter2................................10
      > >
      > > I however gets messed up with FOP .92 and i am not sure why. i have
      > > figured out that if i replace <fo:page-number-citation
      > > ref-id="Chapter1"/> with the actual number it works out fine? its
      > > almost like the citation is returning whitespace with the number,
      > > ("number ").
      > > Anyone know the reason why?
      > >
      > > my code for each chapter basically looks like...
      > >

      > > <fo:block margin-left="0px" space-before="12pt"
      > text-align-last="justify">
      > > <fo:basic-link internal-destination="_Chapter">
      > > <fo:inline>Chapter</fo:inline>
      > > </fo:basic-link>
      > > <fo:leader leader-pattern="dots" leader-alignment="page"/>
      > > <fo:inline>
      > > <fo:page-number-citation ref-id="_Chapter"/>
      > > </fo:inline>
      > > </fo:block>
      > >

      > > So Replacing
      > > <fo:inline>
      > > <fo:page-number-citation ref-id="_Chapter"/>
      > > </fo:inline>
      > > with
      > > <fo:inline>
      > > 1
      > > </fo:inline>
      > > will not include this extra 'padding' on the number.
      > >
      > > Pics of Problems:
      > > Old FOP 0.20.5 aligned output:
      > > http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j98/armyofda12mnkeys/fop0.jpg
      > > FOP .92 non-aligned output:
      > > http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j98/armyofda12mnkeys/fop0-1.jpg

    • J.Pietschmann
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 17, 2006
        arianhojat2000 wrote:
        > Okay i am pretty sure i have 'found the problem' but unsure how to fix it.
        > page-number-citation seems to add its own padding to the right?
        > anyone know why this is happening in fop .92?
        > Everywhere i have a page-citation it adds alot of space to the right.
        > gonna try to google and see if anyone had same problem with fop .92.

        That's something called an "implementation restriction" and caused
        by the problem that there has to be some space allocated for the
        page number before the actual page number is known. There is currently
        no way around this except not to use fo:page-number and
        fo:page.number-citation (getting the page numbers by a two stage
        processing approach).
        FOP 0.20.5 got this right (well, in most cases), but the layout
        algorithm was changed significantly in the 0.9x series. Fixing
        the problem in 0.9x requires major work, don't expect it happening
        soon.

        J.Pietschmann