Re: E3 Competitor

  • dafletcha
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 11 4:19 PM
      XXE by XMLmind.com. It fully supports DITA, and has addons for FOP
      0.25, FOP 0.92beta, and XEP 4.0.

      A great product, IMHO.

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 15 9:39 AM
        At 2006-08-08 20:23 +0000, arianhojat2000 wrote:
        >Applying margin="0px" seems to work when working with a fo:block with
        >a border but not a table with a border. Can you elaborate on why this
        >might be so?

        I finally made the time to review your question,
        which prompted me to look at your original post:

        At 2006-08-08 19:05 +0000, arianhojat2000 wrote:
        >I am using space-before (I think cause I read somewhere
        >margin-left=space-before in XSL-FO) and borders on a table. However
        >the space-before doesn't act like how margins usually behave (at least
        >in html). The table's contents get 'pushed' over but the border does
        >not. I thought of a dumb solution of having a dummy 1st column but I
        >dont like that as a 'solution'.
        >
        >Example:
        ><fo:block space-before="50px">
        > <fo:table table-layout="fixed" border="1px solid green">
        > <fo:table-column column-width="280pt"/>
        > <fo:table-column column-width="20pt"/>
        > <fo:table-body>
        > <fo:table-row>
        > <fo:table-cell
        > border="1px solid green">
        ><fo:block>Column1111111111111111111111111</fo:block>
        > </fo:table-cell>
        > <fo:table-cell border="1px solid green">
        > <fo:block>Column2
        > shifted by 50px out of the tables right
        >border</fo:block>
        > </fo:table-cell>
        > </fo:table-row>
        > </fo:table-body>
        ></fo:block>

        I put the above extract through AntennaHouse and
        witnessed no problems with any text going beyond the table's right border.

        I suspect whichever XSL-FO engine you are using
        is not properly trapping the text inside the cell boundary.

        . . . . . . . . . . . Ken

        --
        UBL/XML/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Vårø, Denmark 06-09-25/10-06
      • arianhojat2000
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 16 7:14 AM
          thanks,
          Ken.

          yeh i think i have had trouble before with fop 20.9 as searching the
          forums brings this same question from me a while back which i never
          solved :)

          So looks like fop 0.20.5 doesnt know how to do margins for a table well
          or calculate margins within lists... for example, in this pic
          <http://www.pages.drexel.edu/%7Eah49/images/table.jpg> , the table
          within a list should be indented. It's content seems to be but its
          'wrapper' shown by borders does not respect the margins.

          oh well, i guess ill ask the boss for a nicer FOrmatter in our budget
          for next year :).

          Thanks,
          Arian

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 16 8:59 AM
            arianhojat2000 wrote:

            > thanks,
            > Ken.
            >
            > yeh i think i have had trouble before with fop 20.9 as searching the
            > forums brings this same question from me a while back which i never
            > solved :)

            I can't tell which version of FOP you are actually using there isn't a
            20.9.2 or a 20.9. The current stable releases are: 0.20.5 or 0.92beta

            > So looks like fop 0.20.5 doesnt know how to do margins for a table well

            If you are using 0.20.5 then all I can say is that it is very old and
            full of bugs.

            > or calculate margins within lists... for example, in this pic
            > <http://www.pages.drexel.edu/%7Eah49/images/table.jpg> , the table
            > within a list should be indented. It's content seems to be but its
            > 'wrapper' shown by borders does not respect the margins.
            >
            > oh well, i guess ill ask the boss for a nicer FOrmatter in our budget
            > for next year :).

            Please try 0.92beta as its much better at managing indentation across
            lists and tables.

            <snip/>

            Chris
          • arianhojat2000
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 16 12:18 PM
              --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@...> wrote:

              > arianhojat2000 wrote:
              >
              > > thanks,
              > > Ken.
              > >
              > > yeh i think i have had trouble before with fop 20.9 as searching the
              > > forums brings this same question from me a while back which i never
              > > solved :)
              >
              > I can't tell which version of FOP you are actually using there isn't a
              > 20.9.2 or a 20.9. The current stable releases are: 0.20.5 or 0.92beta

              yeh sorry about that, getting 0.92 and 0.20.5 confused :)

              yup maybe ill take the leap and try .92 beta,
              again thanx to all who responded.
              Lates,
              Arian