E3 Competitor

  • Horace Burke
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 11, 2006
      Hi all,

      Could you all kind enough to provide me with a list of some competitors to Arbortext E3?

      Thanks in advance for your response!

      Regards,
      Horace

    • dafletcha
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 11, 2006
        XXE by XMLmind.com. It fully supports DITA, and has addons for FOP
        0.25, FOP 0.92beta, and XEP 4.0.

        A great product, IMHO.

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 15, 2006
          At 2006-08-08 20:23 +0000, arianhojat2000 wrote:
          >Applying margin="0px" seems to work when working with a fo:block with
          >a border but not a table with a border. Can you elaborate on why this
          >might be so?

          I finally made the time to review your question,
          which prompted me to look at your original post:

          At 2006-08-08 19:05 +0000, arianhojat2000 wrote:
          >I am using space-before (I think cause I read somewhere
          >margin-left=space-before in XSL-FO) and borders on a table. However
          >the space-before doesn't act like how margins usually behave (at least
          >in html). The table's contents get 'pushed' over but the border does
          >not. I thought of a dumb solution of having a dummy 1st column but I
          >dont like that as a 'solution'.
          >
          >Example:
          ><fo:block space-before="50px">
          > <fo:table table-layout="fixed" border="1px solid green">
          > <fo:table-column column-width="280pt"/>
          > <fo:table-column column-width="20pt"/>
          > <fo:table-body>
          > <fo:table-row>
          > <fo:table-cell
          > border="1px solid green">
          ><fo:block>Column1111111111111111111111111</fo:block>
          > </fo:table-cell>
          > <fo:table-cell border="1px solid green">
          > <fo:block>Column2
          > shifted by 50px out of the tables right
          >border</fo:block>
          > </fo:table-cell>
          > </fo:table-row>
          > </fo:table-body>
          ></fo:block>

          I put the above extract through AntennaHouse and
          witnessed no problems with any text going beyond the table's right border.

          I suspect whichever XSL-FO engine you are using
          is not properly trapping the text inside the cell boundary.

          . . . . . . . . . . . Ken

          --
          UBL/XML/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Vårø, Denmark 06-09-25/10-06
        • arianhojat2000
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 16, 2006
            thanks,
            Ken.

            yeh i think i have had trouble before with fop 20.9 as searching the
            forums brings this same question from me a while back which i never
            solved :)

            So looks like fop 0.20.5 doesnt know how to do margins for a table well
            or calculate margins within lists... for example, in this pic
            <http://www.pages.drexel.edu/%7Eah49/images/table.jpg> , the table
            within a list should be indented. It's content seems to be but its
            'wrapper' shown by borders does not respect the margins.

            oh well, i guess ill ask the boss for a nicer FOrmatter in our budget
            for next year :).

            Thanks,
            Arian

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 16, 2006
              arianhojat2000 wrote:

              > thanks,
              > Ken.
              >
              > yeh i think i have had trouble before with fop 20.9 as searching the
              > forums brings this same question from me a while back which i never
              > solved :)

              I can't tell which version of FOP you are actually using there isn't a
              20.9.2 or a 20.9. The current stable releases are: 0.20.5 or 0.92beta

              > So looks like fop 0.20.5 doesnt know how to do margins for a table well

              If you are using 0.20.5 then all I can say is that it is very old and
              full of bugs.

              > or calculate margins within lists... for example, in this pic
              > <http://www.pages.drexel.edu/%7Eah49/images/table.jpg> , the table
              > within a list should be indented. It's content seems to be but its
              > 'wrapper' shown by borders does not respect the margins.
              >
              > oh well, i guess ill ask the boss for a nicer FOrmatter in our budget
              > for next year :).

              Please try 0.92beta as its much better at managing indentation across
              lists and tables.

              <snip/>

              Chris
            • arianhojat2000
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 16, 2006
                --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@...> wrote:

                > arianhojat2000 wrote:
                >
                > > thanks,
                > > Ken.
                > >
                > > yeh i think i have had trouble before with fop 20.9 as searching the
                > > forums brings this same question from me a while back which i never
                > > solved :)
                >
                > I can't tell which version of FOP you are actually using there isn't a
                > 20.9.2 or a 20.9. The current stable releases are: 0.20.5 or 0.92beta

                yeh sorry about that, getting 0.92 and 0.20.5 confused :)

                yup maybe ill take the leap and try .92 beta,
                again thanx to all who responded.
                Lates,
                Arian