Re: [XSL-FO] Re: Formatting based on new page

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2006
      At 2006-07-11 18:51 +0000, Maxim wrote:
      >Well, I'm trying to format the first row of a page differently from
      >the last.

      You already said that ... I asked what difference you wanted in the formatting.

      >I guess I'll just move on. But what would you do if you need
      >to number rows on the page, restarting the count on each page?

      That cannot be done in XSL-FO ... there is no
      semantic in XSL-FO representing a counter at the
      beginning of a new page. That's why you cannot
      do page-based footnote citations either.

      If you can calculate row heights and you know
      page size then you can use XSLT at transformation
      time to apportion different rows to different
      pages and number from there. But if you are
      looking for a trigger that restarts when the page
      breaks in a bunch of rows (which only the
      formatter knows, not the transformation process),
      that semantic is not available in XSL-FO.

      --
      Registration open for UBL training: Montréal, Canada 2006-08-07
      Also for XSL-FO/XSLT training: Minneapolis, MN 2006-07-31/08-04