Re: [XSL-FO] flowing text around a shape

  • ekimber
    Message 1 of 3 , May 22, 2006
      Steve Pruitt wrote:
      > All,
      >
      > I am trying to determine how to specify making text flow around a shape,
      > like a circle. I don't have a specific flow order scenario, I only
      > trying to understand the how-to's and constraints to do so.

      It just occurs to me that with XSL 1.1 you could do it by having a
      sequence of one-line-high body regions that go around the shape,
      connected using a flow map. It would be tedious to code but it should
      work. It would require a separate page master just for that page, which
      implies a very specialized page sequence to use the master (unless it's
      a repeating style element like an article opener or something).

      Hmmm. Now that I think about it, it should be possible to achieve a
      number of graphical layout effects using this approach that are not
      possible in 1.0.

      Hmmm.

      Cheers,

      Eliot