Re: [XSL-FO] increase print quality from Linux CUPS

    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2006
      freefly_xml wrote:

      > I am creating a pdf file with fop. When I open the PDF in Adobe reader
      > and print it the quality is much better than when I print the pdf
      > directly from Linux using the lp command.
      >
      > Is there a way to increase the print quality from Linux CUPS? These
      > are scanned examples of print outs.

      It sounds to me like the problem is in the way the Linux CUPS system
      prints the PDF. Have you tried googling for a forum relating to Linux
      CUPS systems?

      <snip/>

      Chris
    • Joe Moore
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2006
        Hey Ravi,

        Please don't hijack someone's thread, i.e. don't reply to an email if your topic is new.
        Java uses the Xalan processor from the Apache project.
        I did a search on Suns web site:
        http://onesearch.sun.com/search/onesearch/index.jsp?charset=utf-8&col=dev-reference&qt=xslt&x=0&y=0

        Roughly you'd instantiate this object, pass the XML and transform it into XSL-FO. Then pass the XSL-FO to FOP and render the PDF.

        Hopefully the above link and the general guidance given above will provide you with some initial research on your part.

        Good luck,

        Joe Moore
        i_bugsy@...

        i m working on XML to PDF converter using FOP
        can u plz tell me which all methods r in java to support xml to pdf conversion
        and wt input takes and how it process it..
        plz guide me..

        freefly_xml <wonderboy@...> wrote:
        I am creating a pdf file with fop. When I open the PDF in Adobe reader
        and print it the quality is much better than when I print the pdf
        directly from Linux using the lp command.

        Is there a way to increase the print quality from Linux CUPS? These
        are scanned examples of print outs.

        Here are examples of what I'm working with:

        http://www.bangboompow.com/xml/invoice/

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Xml xsl Xsl Xsl fo Xsl-fo Xsl tutorial
        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS