Re: [XSL-FO] increase print quality from Linux CUPS

  • ravi gupta
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2 12:05 AM
      hi
      i m working on XML to PDF converter using FOP
      can u plz tell me which all methods r in java to support xml to pdf conversion
      and wt input takes and how it process it..
      plz guide me..

      freefly_xml <wonderboy@...> wrote:
      I am creating a pdf file with fop. When I open the PDF in Adobe reader
      and print it the quality is much better than when I print the pdf
      directly from Linux using the lp command.

      Is there a way to increase the print quality from Linux CUPS? These
      are scanned examples of print outs.

      Here are examples of what I'm working with:

      http://www.bangboompow.com/xml/invoice/

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Message 2 of 4 , May 2 12:54 AM
        freefly_xml wrote:

        > I am creating a pdf file with fop. When I open the PDF in Adobe reader
        > and print it the quality is much better than when I print the pdf
        > directly from Linux using the lp command.
        >
        > Is there a way to increase the print quality from Linux CUPS? These
        > are scanned examples of print outs.

        It sounds to me like the problem is in the way the Linux CUPS system
        prints the PDF. Have you tried googling for a forum relating to Linux
        CUPS systems?

        <snip/>

        Chris
      • Joe Moore
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2 5:50 AM
          Hey Ravi,

          Please don't hijack someone's thread, i.e. don't reply to an email if your topic is new.
          Java uses the Xalan processor from the Apache project.
          I did a search on Suns web site:
          http://onesearch.sun.com/search/onesearch/index.jsp?charset=utf-8&col=dev-reference&qt=xslt&x=0&y=0

          Roughly you'd instantiate this object, pass the XML and transform it into XSL-FO. Then pass the XSL-FO to FOP and render the PDF.

          Hopefully the above link and the general guidance given above will provide you with some initial research on your part.

          Good luck,

          Joe Moore
          i_bugsy@...

          i m working on XML to PDF converter using FOP
          can u plz tell me which all methods r in java to support xml to pdf conversion
          and wt input takes and how it process it..
          plz guide me..

          freefly_xml <wonderboy@...> wrote:
          I am creating a pdf file with fop. When I open the PDF in Adobe reader
          and print it the quality is much better than when I print the pdf
          directly from Linux using the lp command.

          Is there a way to increase the print quality from Linux CUPS? These
          are scanned examples of print outs.

          Here are examples of what I'm working with:

          http://www.bangboompow.com/xml/invoice/

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Xml xsl Xsl Xsl fo Xsl-fo Xsl tutorial
          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS