increase print quality from Linux CUPS

  • freefly_xml
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2006
      I am creating a pdf file with fop. When I open the PDF in Adobe reader
      and print it the quality is much better than when I print the pdf
      directly from Linux using the lp command.

      Is there a way to increase the print quality from Linux CUPS? These
      are scanned examples of print outs.

      Here are examples of what I'm working with:

      http://www.bangboompow.com/xml/invoice/
    • ravi gupta
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2006
        hi
        i m working on XML to PDF converter using FOP
        can u plz tell me which all methods r in java to support xml to pdf conversion
        and wt input takes and how it process it..
        plz guide me..

        freefly_xml <wonderboy@...> wrote:
        I am creating a pdf file with fop. When I open the PDF in Adobe reader
        and print it the quality is much better than when I print the pdf
        directly from Linux using the lp command.

        Is there a way to increase the print quality from Linux CUPS? These
        are scanned examples of print outs.

        Here are examples of what I'm working with:

        http://www.bangboompow.com/xml/invoice/

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2006
          freefly_xml wrote:

          > I am creating a pdf file with fop. When I open the PDF in Adobe reader
          > and print it the quality is much better than when I print the pdf
          > directly from Linux using the lp command.
          >
          > Is there a way to increase the print quality from Linux CUPS? These
          > are scanned examples of print outs.

          It sounds to me like the problem is in the way the Linux CUPS system
          prints the PDF. Have you tried googling for a forum relating to Linux
          CUPS systems?

          <snip/>

          Chris
        • Joe Moore
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2006
            Hey Ravi,

            Please don't hijack someone's thread, i.e. don't reply to an email if your topic is new.
            Java uses the Xalan processor from the Apache project.
            I did a search on Suns web site:
            http://onesearch.sun.com/search/onesearch/index.jsp?charset=utf-8&col=dev-reference&qt=xslt&x=0&y=0

            Roughly you'd instantiate this object, pass the XML and transform it into XSL-FO. Then pass the XSL-FO to FOP and render the PDF.

            Hopefully the above link and the general guidance given above will provide you with some initial research on your part.

            Good luck,

            Joe Moore
            i_bugsy@...

            i m working on XML to PDF converter using FOP
            can u plz tell me which all methods r in java to support xml to pdf conversion
            and wt input takes and how it process it..
            plz guide me..

            freefly_xml <wonderboy@...> wrote:
            I am creating a pdf file with fop. When I open the PDF in Adobe reader
            and print it the quality is much better than when I print the pdf
            directly from Linux using the lp command.

            Is there a way to increase the print quality from Linux CUPS? These
            are scanned examples of print outs.

            Here are examples of what I'm working with:

            http://www.bangboompow.com/xml/invoice/

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            Xml xsl Xsl Xsl fo Xsl-fo Xsl tutorial
            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS