[XSL-FO] Crop marks ... once again (files listed in e-mail)

  • Henk Hartkamp
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 20, 2006
      Hello Jirka (and others),

      I m so sorry but the attached files were stripped in this Yahoo group.
      I included the instructions in the xml and xslt. Perhaps i have put them at
      the wrong place. To show you the xml and the xslt files I listed them below.

      XML:

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <?xep-pdf-crop-offset 24pt?>
      <?xep-pdf-bleed 1mm?>
      <?xep-pdf-crop-mark-width 3mm?>
      <cover>
      <titel>Title</titel>
      <voetFront1>Any text1. Any text1. Any text1. Any text1. Any text1.
      </voetFront1>
      <voetFront2>Any text2. Any text2. Any text2. Any text2. Any text2.
      </voetFront2>
      <voetFront3>Language</voetFront3></cover>

      XSLT:

      <?xml version="1.0"?>
      <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"

      <!-- Bepaal pagina-indeling en match op root-element -->
      <xsl:template match="cover">
      <fo:root>
      <fo:layout-master-set>
      <fo:simple-page-master master-name="cover" page-height="22.86cm"
      page-width="17.78cm" margin-top="0cm" margin-bottom="0cm" margin-left="0cm"
      margin-right="0cm">
      <fo:region-body margin-top="7.2mm" margin-bottom="7.2mm"
      margin-left="1cm" margin-right="1cm" column-count="1"/>
      <fo:region-before extent="0cm"/>
      <fo:region-after extent="0cm"/>
      </fo:simple-page-master>
      </fo:layout-master-set>

      <fo:page-sequence master-reference="cover">

      <xsl:processing-instruction
      name="xep-pdf-crop-mark-width">1pt</xsl:processing-instruction>
      <xsl:processing-instruction
      name="xep-pdf-crop-offset">3mm</xsl:processing-instruction>
      <xsl:processing-instruction
      name="xep-pdf-bleed">1mm</xsl:processing-instruction>

      <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
      <xsl:apply-templates select="titel"/>
      </fo:flow>

      </fo:page-sequence>
      </fo:root>
      </xsl:template>

      <xsl:template match="titel">

      <fo:block-container absolute-position="fixed" top="68.5mm" left="10mm"
      right="10mm" height="12mm">

      <fo:block font-size="21pt">

      <xsl:apply-templates/>

      </fo:block>
      </fo:block-container>

      <fo:block-container absolute-position="fixed" top="204mm" left="10mm"
      right="10mm" height="18mm" display-align="after" break-after="page">
      <fo:block>
      <fo:table padding="0" width="157.8mm" border-width="0">
      <fo:table-column>
      <xsl:attribute name="column-width">
      157.8mm - <xsl:value-of select="string-length(../voetFront3)"/>em
      </xsl:attribute>
      </fo:table-column>

      <fo:table-column>
      <xsl:attribute name="column-width">
      <xsl:value-of select="string-length(../voetFront3)"/>em
      </xsl:attribute>
      </fo:table-column>

      <fo:table-body>
      <fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block font-size="10pt">
      <xsl:value-of select="../voetFront1"/>
      </fo:block>
      <fo:block font-size="10pt">
      <xsl:value-of select="../voetFront2"/>
      </fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell >
      <fo:block>
      <fo:inline font-size="10pt">
      <xsl:value-of select="../voetFront3"/>
      </fo:inline>
      </fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>
      </fo:table-body>
      </fo:table>
      </fo:block>
      </fo:block-container>

      </xsl:template>

      </xsl:stylesheet>

      Who can help?

      Thanks,

      Henk

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 21, 2006
        Henk Hartkamp wrote:

        > I m so sorry but the attached files were stripped in this Yahoo group.
        > I included the instructions in the xml and xslt. Perhaps i have put them at
        > the wrong place. To show you the xml and the xslt files I listed them below.
        >
        > XML:
        >
        > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        > <?xep-pdf-crop-offset 24pt?>
        > <?xep-pdf-bleed 1mm?>
        > <?xep-pdf-crop-mark-width 3mm?>

        You can place such instructions into your XSLT file, before fo:root in a
        form:

        <xsl:processing-instruction
        name="xep-pdf-crop-offset">24pt</xsl:processiong-instruction>

        There is also possibility to tunnel PIs from source document to the
        target in XSLT, but it will not work with your current template arrangement.

        Jirka Kosek e-mail: jirka@... http://www.kosek.cz
        Profesion�ln� �kolen� a poradenstv� v oblasti technologi� XML.
        Pod�vejte se na n�� nov� spu�t�n� web http://DocBook.cz
        Podrobn� p�ehled �kolen� http://xmlguru.cz/skoleni/
        Nejbli��� term�ny �kolen�:
        ** XSLT 13.-16.3.2006 ** XML sch�mata 24.-26.4.2006 **
        ** DocBook 15.-17.5.2006 ** XSL-FO 12.-13.6.2006 **
      • Henk Hartkamp
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 24, 2006
          Hello Jirka,

          Thanks for your reaction, it's working fine now.

          I put the xsl:processing-instruction's at the wrong place in the xslt. I
          changed the position into the front of the fo:root element (the place you
          suggested) and now it is working fine.

          I also found out that these processing-instruction's only work with XEP 4.5
          (I've got a trial version), XEP 4.4 doesn't support these instructions.

          Thanks again,

          Henk

          > I m so sorry but the attached files were stripped in this Yahoo group.
          > I included the instructions in the xml and xslt. Perhaps i have put them
          at
          > the wrong place. To show you the xml and the xslt files I listed them
          below.

          > XML:
          >
          > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
          > <?xep-pdf-crop-offset 24pt?>
          > <?xep-pdf-bleed 1mm?>
          > <?xep-pdf-crop-mark-width 3mm?>

          You can place such instructions into your XSLT file, before fo:root in a
          form:

          <xsl:processing-instruction
          name="xep-pdf-crop-offset">24pt</xsl:processiong-instruction>

          There is also possibility to tunnel PIs from source document to the
          target in XSLT, but it will not work with your current template arrangement.
        • C. Myers
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 26, 2006
            Hi,
            Can someone give me some hint(s) how to merge multiple
            PDFs into one PDF file? I am using RenderX engine in a
            Java enviornment. Thanks.

            -- C

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 26, 2006
              At 2006-04-26 07:31 -0700, C. Myers wrote:
              >Can someone give me some hint(s) how to merge multiple
              >PDFs into one PDF file? I am using RenderX engine in a
              >Java enviornment. Thanks.

              manipulate PDF files created by XSL-FO using freely-available software.

              XSL-FO doesn't include the responsibility for merging PDF files.

              I hope this helps.

              . . . . . . . . . . Ken

              --
              Registration open for XSLT/XSL-FO training: Wash.,DC 2006-06-12/16
              Also for XSLT/XSL-FO training: Minneapolis, MN 2006-07-31/08-04
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 7, 2008
                Hi, All

                I have java code that refer to Driver class (org.apache.fop.apps.Driver driver = new Driver()), it is missing in the new fop.jar I just downloaded. Is there any replacement or different way to render PDF in java?

                Thanks.

                Also, FopImageFactory class is missing, too. Any idea?
              • C. Myers
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 7, 2008
                  Since FopImageFactory is no longer existed in new fop.jar, how can I resetCache (
                  org.apache.fop.image.FopImageFactory.resetCache(); // Reset) in Java application? Thanks.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 8, 2008
                    C. Myers wrote:

                    > Hi, All
                    >
                    > I have java code that refer to Driver class (org.apache.fop.apps.Driver
                    > driver = new Driver()), it is missing in the new fop.jar I just
                    > downloaded. Is there any replacement or different way to render PDF in java?

                    The Driver class is part of the API for FOP 0.20.5. The API was
                    refactored when FOP was re-written, so 0.9x versions have a different
                    API. See the following webpage for help on upgrading:

                    http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/upgrading.html