Re: [XSL-FO] vertical alignment in sidebar
- Eliot Kimber wrote:
> When I test your example with XSL Formatter V3 or XEP V4 the line heightI tried but with no luck, and I'm using XEP V4, so the bug has to be
> in the floats is as expected, so it looks like you're seeing a bug in
> your FO implementation. You can try putting the property on the
> block-container instead of the float (which is probably the better place
> for it anyway).
me. I apologize. I've stripped my test files to bare bones, but I must
have left something that is interfering. I'll start from scratch and
find it. But I'm very glad you tested this anyway because....
> However, in testing this I noticed that unless the float was the firstYes, and I thought that was getting out of line because of the whole
> thing in the containing block that both XSL Formatter and XEP aligned
> the float with the top of the *next* line.
other line-height issue. I would never have figured out how to fix this.
Your solution works perfectly. Thank you!
> You need to set the conditionality because by default space before isI didn't know and am very glad to learn that. Thanks so much for
> conditional and the block container in the side float is the first thing
> in its containing reference area and therefore its space before would be
> discarded by default.
*all* your help.
- Elliot, I got it! I was using <fo:inline>, which caused the side float
text to be double-spaced exactly like the body paragraph text. But the
other problem was that when 3 or more <term>s occur in one line, the
side float definitions printed on top of each other. After reading your
explanation, I realized that besides using the negative value for
"space-before" to pull up the definition to the correct line, I then
have to use a larger, positive, "space-after" value--and set the
conditionality there too--to keep the definitions from running over each
other. Until you told me, I didn't know about space getting discarded
by default. Now all the spacing and alignment is perfect. Again, my
...maybe this is a no-brainer to everyone else, but in case it's useful
to anyone, here's what I ended up with:
<fo:float float="end" clear="end">
font-family="Helvetica" font-size="8pt" font-style="italic"
start-indent="1em" end-indent="-20em" line-height="8pt"