XML Rendering

  • lade_uma
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13, 2006
      Hello,

      Im new to this FOP. I desparately need help.

      Im working on a content managament system, and the data is stored in
      XML. I'll need to select a part of XML and show it in the PDF view.
      Is it possible to convert the XML in memory directly to PDF (to avoid
      storing in a temporary file). If so, can anyone help how to do this.

      Thanks in advance
      Uma
    • Joe Moore
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 13, 2006
        Hey Uma,

        This really depends on what your FO renderer accepts and what it ouputs. If it accepts a stream and can output a stream, then you can transform your XML into an XSL-FO instance and stream it to your FO Renderer and then the Renderer streams the resulting PDF out.

        You'll need some sort of component to manage that and then send out the resulting PDF.

        So this is really an architecture question. Hopefully that helps get you started.

        Regards,

        Joe Moore

        Im new to this FOP. I desparately need help.

        Im working on a content managament system, and the data is stored in
        XML. I'll need to select a part of XML and show it in the PDF view.
        Is it possible to convert the XML in memory directly to PDF (to avoid
        storing in a temporary file). If so, can anyone help how to do this.

        Thanks in advance
        Uma

        Xml xsl Xsl Xsl fo Xsl-fo Xsl tutorial
        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS