Breaking the sentence in to lines depending on no of characters.

  • swapnareddygari
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2006
      I am trying to implement this:
      If length of heading is less than or equal to 27, keep Heading on
      current line (for example, "Crimes and Civil Prevention" is exactly
      27 characters in length. Therefore this heading should remain on one
      line)
      Else
      carry remaining major heading title over to the next line
      starting with whole word. (For example, the 2nd "Congress"
      in "Congress and Members of Congress" extends beyond the 27 character
      range. Therefore, the second "Congress" should be on the next line. )

      Any help will be appreciated.

      Thanks in Advance,
    • Eliot Kimber
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2006
        swapnareddygari wrote:
        > I am trying to implement this:
        > If length of heading is less than or equal to 27, keep Heading on
        > current line (for example, "Crimes and Civil Prevention" is exactly
        > 27 characters in length. Therefore this heading should remain on one
        > line)
        > Else
        > carry remaining major heading title over to the next line
        > starting with whole word. (For example, the 2nd "Congress"
        > in "Congress and Members of Congress" extends beyond the 27 character
        > range. Therefore, the second "Congress" should be on the next line. )

        You could put an <fo:inline keep-together.within-line="always"> around
        the initial words that need to fit on the first line. This should be
        easy to do in XSLT 2 and not that hard in XSLT 1.

        Cheers,

        Eliot

        --
        W. Eliot Kimber