Re: [XSL-FO] Can anyone tell me - How to write a schema for this simple xml.

  • Mike Ferrando
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7 5:33 AM
      You can get a basic Schema or DTD at this URL by file upload or by
      url.

      http://www.hitsw.com/xml_utilites/

      There are limitations to doing this (only simple entities, doctype
      system identifier has to be located at an url).

      When I use it I comment out the DOCTYPE statement.

      You could use the XHTML strict schema as a model. If you know XHTML
      well (the dtd) then this could be a good example for you.

      Mike Ferrando
      Library Technician
      Library of Congress
      Washington, DC
      202-707-4454

      --- touchlenin <leninkannan@...> wrote:

      > Hello Everyone,
      >
      > I have a simple xml file.
      >
      > <article>
      > <item>
      > <journalid>....</journaldid>
      > <bk:identity>....</bk:identity>
      > <ab:date>....</ab:date>
      > </item>
      > </article>
      >

      > Can anyone tell me how do i declare an element in the schema (ie.,
      > in an xsd file) with a namespace prefixed element like (ab:date or
      > bk:identity shown in the xml above)
      >
      > It seems to throw some errors when given a syntax like, the one
      > below
      >
      > <xsd:element name="ab:date" type="xsd:string"/>
      >
      > with the namespace decleration for "ab" and "bk" on top of the root
      >
      > element in the schema file.
      >

      > Any advice or suggestions on how to write this is always welcome.
      >

      > With Regards,
      > Lenin.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • J.Pietschmann
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7 7:30 AM
        touchlenin wrote:
        > Can anyone tell me how do i declare an element in the schema (ie.,
        > in an xsd file) with a namespace prefixed element like (ab:date or
        > bk:identity shown in the xml above)

        A single XSD can only define elements for a single namespace. If you
        have several namespaces, you have to write two different schemas.

        There is a list specifically dedicated to XSchema, you should ask
        there for more help.

        J.Pietschmann