Re: [XSL-FO] Running Headers

  • J.Pietschmann
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2006
      frank_n_kathy wrote:
      > I am trying to create a running header using an fo:retrieve-marker
      > element in the static-content region of my XSL, and an fo:marker in the
      > flow region. However, I keep getting the following error message from
      > FOP:
      > [ERROR]:org.apache.fop.apps.StreamRenderer$RenderQueueEntry

      What FOP release do you use?

      > Does FOP support this marker feature for creating running headers?

      Yes, see http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html
      Both the maintenance and the development release have gaps in the
      implementation of retrieve-position, the development release is much
      more complete.

      J.Pietschmann
    • Frank Bitetto
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2006
        Hello,

        I am using Fop-0.20.2. Does this version support using markers? If not, is it a simple upgrade from Apache. I see that there is a Fop-0.20.5 version.

        Thanks,
        Frank

        "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@...> wrote: frank_n_kathy wrote:
        > I am trying to create a running header using an fo:retrieve-marker
        > element in the static-content region of my XSL, and an fo:marker in the
        > flow region. However, I keep getting the following error message from
        > FOP:
        > [ERROR]:org.apache.fop.apps.StreamRenderer$RenderQueueEntry

        What FOP release do you use?

        > Does FOP support this marker feature for creating running headers?

        Yes, see http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html
        Both the maintenance and the development release have gaps in the
        implementation of retrieve-position, the development release is much
        more complete.

        J.Pietschmann

        Xml xsl Xsl Xsl fo Xsl tutorial

      • J.Pietschmann
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2006
          Frank Bitetto wrote:
          > I am using Fop-0.20.2. Does this version support using markers?

          Yes, but there were some bugs. Upgrade either to the latest
          stable release (0.20.5), or the development code (0.9something).
          In either case prepare to do some changes to the FO code, check
          the FOP FAQ for a few common cases.

          J.Pietschmann