Re: [XSL-FO] Re: suggested xsl-fo processors for floating images and html rendering

  • Dan Moore
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 23, 2006
      Thanks for the suggestion.

      I've looked at FOP, and see that it has an area tree output which I could conceivably further process. Unfortunately, it seems that neither version of FOP (stable or dev) plans support for fo:float.

      Do you know of any processors (free or commercial), that expose the AreaTree without using the GUI? Does XSLFormatter allow that?

      Dan

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 24, 2006
        Hello,

        --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, Dan Moore <moore234@y...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the suggestion.
        >
        > I've looked at FOP, and see that it has an area tree output which I
        could conceivably further process. Unfortunately, it seems that
        neither version of FOP (stable or dev) plans support for fo:float.

        I am not familiar with FOP.

        > Do you know of any processors (free or commercial), that expose the
        AreaTree without using the GUI? Does XSLFormatter allow that?

        In the case of XSL Formatter, it will be possible to generate areatree
        by using @AreaTree instead of @PDF at any interface such as command
        line etc.

        I hope it will be helpful.

        Tokushige Kobayashi
        -- Antenna House, Inc.
        E-mail koba@...
        WWW http://www.antenna.co.jp/ (Japanese)
        PDF Blog http://blog.antenna.co.jp/PDFTool/ (Japanese)
        WWW http://www.antennahouse.com/ (English)
        TEL +81-3-3234-1361 (direct call)
        FAX +81-3-3221-9975
      • Eliot Kimber
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 24, 2006
          Dan Moore wrote:

          > Do you know of any processors (free or commercial), that expose the
          > AreaTree without using the GUI? Does XSLFormatter allow that?

          It does, as does XEP (which has no GUI, only an API and a command line).

          Cheers,

          Eliot
          --
          W. Eliot Kimber
          Professional Services

          ekimber@...
          www.innodata-isogen.com
        • Dan Moore
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 24, 2006
            OK. Looks like there are a couple of viable solutions. I will investigate further.

            I'd like to thank everyone who chimed in for their time and input.

            Dan