Re: Table Issue - how will I know if my table has spanned multiple pages

  • MasConejos
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 22, 2005
      If you arent too picky about where the actual continued footer is,
      there is an easy trick I have discovered to do it, depending on the
      typ of input data you have. In my case I am printing a procedure
      consisting of a heirarchy of steps. At the top of the page, I needed
      to have a continued marker for the preceding parent (if there was one)
      of the first step on the page. The preceding parent was not always
      the last step on the previous page, it could be in the middle of the
      page, or even several pages before.

      So what I did was calculate the parent for each single step, and put
      it in an <fo:marker> after the step. If there was no parent, the
      marker was blank. It is then a simple matter to retrieve the first
      marker on every page, and subsequently get the preceding parent step,
      no matter where it is.

      So if your data is of a list type format, for every item, put in an
      <fo:marker> with the continued footer, and when you reach the last
      item, put in a blank marker. Then retrieve the last marker on a page,
      and use absolute positioning if necessary to place the footer
      whereever you want it.

      --zack

      --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@h...>
      wrote:

      > Nathan wrote:
      >
      > > Hi Chris..
      > > For the table footer, you had mentioned that "the continued
      label
      > > will show on pages 1 through to n-1 that the table appears on". I
      went
      > > through the FOP specifications for this extension and it says -
      Use