RE: [XSL-FO] Two-column table flowing into 4 columns?

  • Carolyn Oliver
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2005
      But how do I tell it in the middle of a page flow to use a different
      page layout?

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2005
        Carolyn Oliver wrote:
        > But how do I tell it in the middle of a page flow to use a different
        > page layout?

        Ah. You have start a new page sequence for the tables.

        Unless you use a proprietary extension that lets you change the column
        layout within a block or block container, which both XEP and XSL
        Formatter provide. In that case, you can put the table inside a
        block-container with its own column specification.

        Ken Holman has build some tools that make it easier to manage multiple
        page sequences in what is logically a single page sequence. See his Web
        site, www.cranesoftwrights.com.

        Note that from an XSLT standpoint, handling the generation of multiple
        page sequences within what should be a single page sequence (i.e.,
        within a single chapter) is much easier in XSLT 2 using the for-each-group.

        Cheers,

        E.
        --
        W. Eliot Kimber