[XSL-FO] bug? sometimes only the body appears?

  • Ken Sands
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2005
      I have the following page master setup in a style sheet this works fine.

      <fo:simple-page-master master-name="a4page" page-height="210mm"
      page-width="297mm" margin-top="10.0pt" margin-left="10.0pt"
      margin-bottom="10.0pt" margin-right="10.0pt">
      <fo:region-before extent="18cm" precedence="true"/>
      <fo:region-after extent="125.0pt" precedence="true"/>
      <fo:region-start extent="13.0pt" precedence="false"/>
      <fo:region-end extent="13.0pt" precedence="false"/>
      <fo:region-body margin-left="25.0pt" margin-top="125.0pt"
      margin-bottom="120.0pt" margin-right="10.0pt"/>
      </fo:simple-page-master>

      However if it's defined with body as the first entry then sometimes (no
      notable pattern just about 5% of the time) it will produce a page with
      only the body element, my before and after (header and footer) are not
      rendered to the page.

      Heres the same bit in the orientation that fails sometimes.

      <fo:simple-page-master master-name="a4page" page-height="210mm"
      page-width="297mm" margin-top="10.0pt" margin-left="10.0pt"
      margin-bottom="10.0pt" margin-right="10.0pt">
      <fo:region-body margin-left="25.0pt" margin-top="125.0pt"
      margin-bottom="120.0pt" margin-right="10.0pt"/>
      <fo:region-before extent="18cm" precedence="true"/>
      <fo:region-after extent="125.0pt" precedence="true"/>
      <fo:region-start extent="13.0pt" precedence="false"/>
      <fo:region-end extent="13.0pt" precedence="false"/>
      </fo:simple-page-master>

      Is there a reason or is it a fop bug? (Using fop 20.5)

      Ken.
      --

      Scanned by mailCritical.
      --

      The DSI Group of Companies
      International House, Barlow Way,

      This message and any attachments is intended only for the individual or company to which it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged, confidential or prohibited from disclosure or unauthorised use. If the recipient of the transmission is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering such materials to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this email message or it's attachments other than by its intended recipients is strictly prohibited by the sender. If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by telephone on the number above and destroy the message and all copies in your possession.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2005
        Ken Sands wrote:

        > I have the following page master setup in a style sheet this works fine.
        >
        > <fo:simple-page-master master-name="a4page" page-height="210mm"
        > page-width="297mm" margin-top="10.0pt" margin-left="10.0pt"
        > margin-bottom="10.0pt" margin-right="10.0pt">
        > <fo:region-before extent="18cm" precedence="true"/>
        > <fo:region-after extent="125.0pt" precedence="true"/>
        > <fo:region-start extent="13.0pt" precedence="false"/>
        > <fo:region-end extent="13.0pt" precedence="false"/>
        > <fo:region-body margin-left="25.0pt" margin-top="125.0pt"
        > margin-bottom="120.0pt" margin-right="10.0pt"/>
        > </fo:simple-page-master>
        >
        > However if it's defined with body as the first entry then sometimes (no
        > notable pattern just about 5% of the time) it will produce a page with
        > only the body element, my before and after (header and footer) are not
        > rendered to the page.

        Are there any messages sent to the log? Possibly in the 5% of cases the
        content is too large for the static regions and it gets clipped.

        Chris
      • Ken Sands
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2005
          Nope, it's difficult, if i run them off again (the exact same data and
          stylesheet) then it works fine, I cant reproduce the error!

          It does run multiple instances of fop at the same time, the xml data is
          output to a file and then
          Passed to fop just as if started from the command line.

          In nearly all cases there would be at least two instances of fop running
          at once over the same datafile but with different stylesheets (one
          simple has a COPY graphic over the top)

          As I said it works 95% of the time, could it be the java machine?
          Perhaps an overlap issue or even memory allocation?

          Unfortunatly I have yet found a way to reproduce this, it's just
          happeneds occasionally from the live system.

          > I have the following page master setup in a style sheet this works
          > fine.
          >
          > <fo:simple-page-master master-name="a4page" page-height="210mm"
          > page-width="297mm" margin-top="10.0pt" margin-left="10.0pt"
          > margin-bottom="10.0pt" margin-right="10.0pt"> <fo:region-before
          > extent="18cm" precedence="true"/> <fo:region-after extent="125.0pt"
          > precedence="true"/> <fo:region-start extent="13.0pt"
          > precedence="false"/> <fo:region-end extent="13.0pt"
          > precedence="false"/> <fo:region-body margin-left="25.0pt"
          > margin-top="125.0pt" margin-bottom="120.0pt" margin-right="10.0pt"/>
          > </fo:simple-page-master>
          >
          > However if it's defined with body as the first entry then sometimes
          > (no notable pattern just about 5% of the time) it will produce a page
          > with only the body element, my before and after (header and footer)
          > are not rendered to the page.

          Are there any messages sent to the log? Possibly in the 5% of cases the
          content is too large for the static regions and it gets clipped.

          Chris

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          --

          Scanned by mailCritical.