Initial-page-number

  • Colin Spear
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2005
      Hi guys

      We recently ran into an interesting problem.
      We have two different simple-page-masters defined.
      We then call a template within the first page-sequence and then use
      second page sequence for the rest of the document.
      We have a requirement to show page numbers only from the second page
      onward starting the count from page one.
      In order to achieve this we set the second page sequence with the
      attribute: initial-page-number="1". This works fine and gives us the
      desired page number, but there is a snag. For some reason this attribute
      generates a page break between the first page-sequence and the second.
      So we end up with this extra blank page. Removing this attribute removes
      the extra page-break so its definitely the attribute causing this.

      Does anybody know why this would happen and (more importantly) how we
      can stop the page break from happening?

      Regards
      Colin
      This message and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this message in error, please notify Discovery immediately, telephone number +27 11 529 2888. Any unauthorised use; alteration or dissemination of the contents of this email is strictly prohibited. In no event will Discovery or the sender be liable in any manner whatsoever to any person for any loss or any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising from use of this email or any linked website, including, without limitation, from any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programmes or other data that may be stored on any information handling system or otherwise from any assurance that this email is virus free even if Discovery is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages. Discovery is an Authorised Financial Services Provider.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2005
        Colin Spear wrote:

        <snip/>

        > In order to achieve this we set the second page sequence with the
        > attribute: initial-page-number="1". This works fine and gives us the
        > desired page number, but there is a snag. For some reason this attribute
        > generates a page break between the first page-sequence and the second.
        > So we end up with this extra blank page. Removing this attribute removes
        > the extra page-break so its definitely the attribute causing this.
        >
        > Does anybody know why this would happen and (more importantly) how we
        > can stop the page break from happening?

        Yes, you need to specify force-page-count="no-force" on the first page
        sequence and then no blank page will be inserted. The default for this
        property is "auto" which means the Formatting engine will insert a blank
        page if there is an odd number of pages in the first sequence and the
        second sequence starts on an odd page, i.e. 1

        Chris
      • Colin Spear
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2005
          Great! Thanks, this has been a big help!

          > In order to achieve this we set the second page sequence with the
          > attribute: initial-page-number="1". This works fine and gives us the
          > desired page number, but there is a snag. For some reason this
          > attribute generates a page break between the first page-sequence and
          > the second. So we end up with this extra blank page. Removing this
          > attribute removes the extra page-break so its definitely the attribute

          > causing this.
          >
          > Does anybody know why this would happen and (more importantly) how we
          > can stop the page break from happening?

          Yes, you need to specify force-page-count="no-force" on the first page
          sequence and then no blank page will be inserted. The default for this
          property is "auto" which means the Formatting engine will insert a blank

          page if there is an odd number of pages in the first sequence and the
          second sequence starts on an odd page, i.e. 1

          Chris

          Yahoo! Groups Links