Re: [XSL-FO] difference in times

  • J.Pietschmann
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2005
      Danelaw wrote:
      > it is not the warm time of the jvm because if i use another xslt after the
      > first time the times are more or less the same
      > gen.transformar(msg1,xslt1);
      > gen.transformar(msg1,xslt1);
      > gen.transformar(msg1,xslt1);
      > gen.transformar(msg2,xslt2);
      > gen.transformar(msg2,xslt2);
      > gen.transformar(msg2,xslt2);
      > the times are
      > 6852
      > 1856
      > 1571
      >
      > 6923
      > 2152
      > 1999
      >
      > and these are more one of the xsl

      Given that you don't even cache the XSLT Templates object, I'd
      say the difference is probably loading new classes and perhaps
      other low level caching effects. I don't think there is much you
      can do about this, except perhaps doing a detailed profiling (using
      a real Java profiler).
      And you *should* try to write less confusing code.

      J.Pietschmann