Re: [XSL-FO] difference in times

  • Danelaw
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2005
      it is not the warm time of the jvm because if i use another xslt after the
      first time the times are more or less the same
      gen.transformar(msg1,xslt1);
      gen.transformar(msg1,xslt1);
      gen.transformar(msg1,xslt1);
      gen.transformar(msg2,xslt2);
      gen.transformar(msg2,xslt2);
      gen.transformar(msg2,xslt2);
      the times are
      6852
      1856
      1571

      6923
      2152
      1999

      and these are more one of the xsl

      On 12/2/05, J.Pietschmann <j3322ptm@...> wrote:

      > Danelaw wrote:
      > > is the first time it uses a xslt
      > > how can time be reduced? using another parser?
      >
      > Parser??? Unless your style sheet approaches the size of 1MB the
      > parser should be really irrelevant. What XSLT processor are you
      > using? How large/complicated is the style sheet? Do you use
      > xsl:include/xsl:import on a large scale? Are you sure you don't
      > confuse this with the JVM warmup/class loading time?
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • J.Pietschmann
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2005
        Danelaw wrote:
        > it is not the warm time of the jvm because if i use another xslt after the
        > first time the times are more or less the same
        > gen.transformar(msg1,xslt1);
        > gen.transformar(msg1,xslt1);
        > gen.transformar(msg1,xslt1);
        > gen.transformar(msg2,xslt2);
        > gen.transformar(msg2,xslt2);
        > gen.transformar(msg2,xslt2);
        > the times are
        > 6852
        > 1856
        > 1571
        >
        > 6923
        > 2152
        > 1999
        >
        > and these are more one of the xsl

        Given that you don't even cache the XSLT Templates object, I'd
        say the difference is probably loading new classes and perhaps
        other low level caching effects. I don't think there is much you
        can do about this, except perhaps doing a detailed profiling (using
        a real Java profiler).
        And you *should* try to write less confusing code.

        J.Pietschmann