Re: [XSL-FO] Long Table repeat header

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 21, 2005
      Prakash R wrote:

      > I have a document (FO-PDF) made up of multiple tables.
      > Some of these tables are long and span multiple pages.
      > I want to be able to repeat the header on the next
      > page. But at the same time I want to add the word
      > continued for any subsequent pages. i.e.

      Adding a table header that's repeated on each page is straight forward
      enough. Just place an fo:table-row element as a child of the
      fo:table-header element. fo:table-header should be placed as a child of
      fo:table prior to fo:table-body.

      Getting a different table header for second and higher pages will be
      harder. In XSL-FO 1.1 table-markers will allow you to do what you want,
      but as far as I know, no one has implemented them yet.

      RenderX has an extension Property for 1.0, rx:table-omit-initial-header.
      You can use this to achieve what you want. Simply set the table header
      row to show continued values, and emulate the header on the first page
      using a regular row inside the table-body.

      <snip/>