HELP for RECURSIVE XSL METHOD

  • geyken@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2001
      HI,

      I need help about a problem of recurivity. Indeed, I would like to
      create a hierarchic file from a flat XML structure, ( and not
      sorted ). I join some lines to understand what I want, cause now I
      suppose it is impossible to do in one time ( I've done but in two
      times first I reorganize the file with xsl:sort Company_Name, Author,
      Title
      and after I use X-Path ). So you can write something not abstract
      with 3 templates, but I would like it doesn't repeat same values.
      like below. My bigger problem consists in the test beetween the
      precedent and the current nodes ( cause when they are sorted just
      before, they have the same value, like the order is not use,
      example : Author != //*[ position() - 1]/Author)
      Thanks a lot
      Gregoor

      Hiearchical Format Destination

      ALPHA BOOKS
      Jerry-j
      13 Minute Guide to Access (Best Selling)
      Martin, Sherry J.
      Ratliff, Wayne
      14 Minute Guide to Access (Best Selling)
      15 Minute Guide to Access (Best Selling
      11 Minute Guide to Access (Best Selling)
      WADSWORTH PUB CO
      Randall, Peter
      4 Software Tools With Wordperfect, Vp-Planner, and
      dBASE III Plus
      Ratliff, Wayne
      4 Software Tools : DOS for IBM PC and MS Dos/Word

      Flat Source ( don't manage more element imbrications )

      <Import>
      <Row>
      <Title>13 Minute Guide to Access (Best Selling)
      </Title>
      <ISBN>1-5676145-0-7</ISBN>
      <Author>Jerry J.</Author>
      <Year_Published>1994</Year_Published>
      <Company_Name>ALPHA BOOKS</Company_Name>
      </Row>
      <Row>
      <Title>14 Minute Guide to Access (Best Selling)
      </Title>
      <ISBN>1-5676145-0-7</ISBN>
      <Author>Martin, Sherry J.</Author>
      <Year_Published>1994</Year_Published>
      <Company_Name>ALPHA BOOKS</Company_Name>
      </Row>
      <Row>
      <Title>15 Minute Guide to Access (Best Selling)
      </Title>
      <ISBN>1-5676145-0-7</ISBN>
      <Author>Jerry J.</Author>
      <Year_Published>1994</Year_Published>
      <Company_Name>ALPHA BOOKS</Company_Name>
      </Row>
      <Row>
      <Title>11 Minute Guide to Access (Best Selling)
      </Title>
      <ISBN>1-5676145-0-7</ISBN>
      <Author>Martin, Sherry J.</Author>
      <Year_Published>1994</Year_Published>
      <Company_Name>ALPHA BOOKS</Company_Name>
      </Row>
      <Row>
      <Title>4 Software Tools : DOS for IBM PC and MS
      Dos/Word </Title>
      <ISBN>0-5341497-0-7</ISBN>
      <Author>Ratliff, Wayne</Author>
      <Year_Published>1991</Year_Published>
      <Company_Name>WADSWORTH PUB CO</Company_Name>
      </Row>
      <Row>
      <Title>4 Software Tools With Wordperfect, Vp-Planner,
      and dBASE III Plus</Title>
      <ISBN>0-5340882-0-1</ISBN>
      <Author>Randall, Peter</Author>
      <Year_Published>1987</Year_Published>
      <Company_Name>WADSWORTH PUB CO</Company_Name>
      </Row>
      </Import>