image does not show in pcl

  • uhotspot
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 16, 2005
      I'm using the following block but when I produce PCL the image does
      not show up in the result. I appriciate if any one can help me with
      that.

      <fo:block font-size="12pt"
      font-family="sans-serif"
      line-height="15pt"
      space-after.optimum="3pt"
      text-align="justify" background-image="file:c:\temp\test.jpg">
      This memo explains why Krusty the Clown is our best customer. We need
      to take
      good care of him from now onwards and make sure that there are always
      enough
      bananas for his pet monkey.
      </fo:block>
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 17, 2005
        uhotspot wrote:

        > I'm using the following block but when I produce PCL the image does
        > not show up in the result. I appriciate if any one can help me with
        > that.

        You fail to mention the key piece of information that will allow people
        to help you: the XSL-FO formatter you are using! However, I believe that
        the only XSL-FO Formatter that generates PCL is FOP.

        > <fo:block font-size="12pt"
        > font-family="sans-serif"
        > line-height="15pt"
        > space-after.optimum="3pt"
        > text-align="justify" background-image="file:c:\temp\test.jpg">
        > This memo explains why Krusty the Clown is our best customer. We need
        > to take
        > good care of him from now onwards and make sure that there are always
        > enough
        > bananas for his pet monkey.
        > </fo:block>

        The PCL support in FOP is very limited. I believe it only works with BMP
        images, jpg images don't come out.