fo:marker/fo:retrieve-marker Question

  • C. Myers
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 11, 2005

      I have the following template that will display the
      code range as "0000 - 0005" when a page has a code
      list. When a page doesn't have any code, it dispays "
      - ". Is there any way NOT to display " - " when a page
      doesn't have any code list? Thanks in advance.

      <xsl:template name="build-right-end-data-cell">
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block font-weight="bold">
      <fo:retrieve-marker
      retrieve-class-name="current.codevalue"
      retrieve-boundary="page-sequence"
      retrieve-position="first-starting-within-page"/>
      <fo:wrapper> — </fo:wrapper>
      <fo:retrieve-marker
      retrieve-class-name="current.codevalue"
      retrieve-boundary="page-sequence"
      retrieve-position="last-ending-within-page"/>
      </fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      </xsl:template>

      __________________________________
      http://farechase.yahoo.com
    • Eliot Kimber
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 11, 2005
        C. Myers wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have the following template that will display the
        > code range as "0000 - 0005" when a page has a code
        > list. When a page doesn't have any code, it dispays "
        > - ". Is there any way NOT to display " - " when a page
        > doesn't have any code list? Thanks in advance.

        Put the dash in a marker, either its own, or one of the two you are
        currently using.

        Cheers,

        Eliot
      • C. Myers
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 21, 2006

          In the page sequence, the even and odd pages are
          defined and their XSL-FO styles are different. How can
          I choose/decide the first page (the initial page) to
          be the even page or the odd page if the user enters
          the initial page number as even or odd number? or the
          first page of the even/odd page's style is desired?
          Thanks.

          -- Ching

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 22, 2006
            At 2006-03-21 19:06 -0800, C. Myers wrote:
            >In the page sequence, the even and odd pages are
            >defined and their XSL-FO styles are different. How can
            >I choose/decide the first page (the initial page) to
            >be the even page or the odd page if the user enters
            >the initial page number as even or odd number? or the
            >first page of the even/odd page's style is desired?

            I apologize that I do not understand your question.

            In XSL-FO you indicate the choice of page geometry in a sequence
            whose alternatives are selected by testing the parity of the page
            number ... as in the following (with the additional inclusion of a
            test for a blank page):

            <page-sequence-master master-name="frame-pages">
            <repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
            <conditional-page-master-reference blank-or-not-blank="blank"
            master-reference="frame-blank"/>
            <conditional-page-master-reference odd-or-even="even"
            master-reference="frame-even"/>
            <conditional-page-master-reference odd-or-even="odd"
            master-reference="frame-odd"/>
            </repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
            </page-sequence-master>
            </layout-master-set>

            <page-sequence master-reference="frame-pages" force-page-count="even">

            <static-content flow-name="frame-before-e">
            <block>frame-even - <page-number/></block>
            </static-content>
            <static-content flow-name="frame-before-o">
            <block>frame-odd - <page-number/></block>
            </static-content>
            <static-content flow-name="frame-empty">
            <block>This page unintentionally left blank</block>
            </static-content>

            <flow flow-name="frame-body" font-size="40pt">

            Your XSLT stylesheet does not "test" the odd/even of the page being
            formatted ... that is the responsibility of the XSL-FO engine.

            I hope this helps.

            . . . . . . . . . . . Ken

            --
            Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses: Washington,DC 2006-06-12/16
          • C. Myers
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 22, 2006
              Mybe I was as clear as I would like to be. I am trying
              again. When you open a book, you have a page on the
              left side and another page on the right. So, I refer
              these as the left page and the right page. Usually the
              book starts at the right page, but sometimes I need
              the first page starts on the left. Since the left and
              right page's margins are different, I was wondering
              how/what I should specify in the page-sequence that
              would accomondate this requirements? I copied some
              portions of my layout below, thanks a lot for any
              lights.

              <fo:layout-master-set>

              <fo:simple-page-master master-name="right-page"
              xsl:use-attribute-sets="page">
              <fo:region-body>
              <fo:region-before region-name="right-header"
              <fo:region-after region-name="right-footer"
              </fo:simple-page-master>

              <fo:simple-page-master master-name="left-page"
              xsl:use-attribute-sets="page">
              <fo:region-body>
              <fo:region-before region-name="left-header"
              <fo:region-after region-name="left-footer"
              </fo:simple-page-master>

              <fo:simple-page-master master-name="blank-page">
              <fo:region-body display-align="center"
              region-name="blank-body" />
              </fo:simple-page-master>

              <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="all">
              <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
              page-position="first" blank-or-not-blank="not-blank"
              odd-or-even="even"
              master-reference="first-left-page"/>
              <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
              page-position="first" blank-or-not-blank="not-blank"
              odd-or-even="odd"
              master-reference="first-right-page"/>
              <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
              odd-or-even="even" blank-or-not-blank="not-blank"
              master-reference="left-page"/>
              <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
              odd-or-even="odd" blank-or-not-blank="not-blank"
              master-reference="right-page"/>
              <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
              blank-or-not-blank="blank"
              master-reference="blank-page" />
              </fo:page-sequence-master>

              </fo:layout-master-set>

              <fo:page-sequence master-reference="all">

              <fo:static-content flow-name="right-header">
              </fo:page-sequence>

              --- "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@...>

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Eliot Kimber
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 24, 2006
                C. Myers wrote:
                > Mybe I was as clear as I would like to be. I am trying
                > again. When you open a book, you have a page on the
                > left side and another page on the right. So, I refer
                > these as the left page and the right page. Usually the
                > book starts at the right page, but sometimes I need
                > the first page starts on the left. Since the left and
                > right page's margins are different, I was wondering
                > how/what I should specify in the page-sequence that
                > would accomondate this requirements? I copied some
                > portions of my layout below, thanks a lot for any
                > lights.

                If you specify initial-page-number="auto-even" on the fo:page-sequence
                element then the page sequence will start on an even (left) page.

                Note that a (left-to-right) book cannot physically start on an even
                page--the first physical page will always be a right-hand page. So if
                the first page with content is even, you will need to generate a blank
                first page.

                Cheers,

                Eliot

                --