XML to XSL to FO to PDF

  • Munna
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 9, 2005
      Iam new to XSL-FO technology.
      One of my client produce files in XML files with standard XML grammer.
      I want to convert them to XSL then to .FO. So that the final .fo files
      can be submitted to another third party control to convert them as PDF.
      is there any samples available for theis. IDE should be VB or .net.

      My exact Requirement is I have only XML files I want to convert them
      to PDF.
      Please help me in this...

      Thanks in advance

      Mahesh Reddy.
    • Andreas Jung
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 9, 2005
        --On 9. November 2005 13:09:19 +0000 Munna <maheshreddym2002@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi,
        > Iam new to XSL-FO technology.
        > One of my client produce files in XML files with standard XML grammer.
        > I want to convert them to XSL then to .FO. So that the final .fo files
        > can be submitted to another third party control to convert them as PDF.
        > is there any samples available for theis. IDE should be VB or .net.
        >
        > My exact Requirement is I have only XML files I want to convert them
        > to PDF.
        > Please help me in this...

        Look at xslfo.info. There is a list of available FO processors.

        -aj

      • Singhal, Ramneek (Exchange)
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 9, 2005
          You have to write an XSL file which will convert the xml data to FO.
          Then you can feed this fo data to any formatter (like Apache FOP) to get
          PDF. Go to apache FOP site for examples and all.

          _____

          One of my client produce files in XML files with standard XML grammer.
          I want to convert them to XSL then to .FO. So that the final .fo files
          can be submitted to another third party control to convert them as PDF.
          is there any samples available for theis. IDE should be VB or .net.

          My exact Requirement is I have only XML files I want to convert them
          to PDF.
          Please help me in this...

          Thanks in advance

          Mahesh Reddy.

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          " on the web.

          _____

          ----------

          Please be aware that, notwithstanding the fact that the person sending
          this communication has an address in Bear Stearns' e-mail system, this
          person is not an employee, agent or representative of Bear Stearns.
          Accordingly, this person has no power or authority to represent, make
          any recommendation, solicitation, offer or statements or disclose
          information on behalf of or in any way bind Bear Stearns or any of its
          affiliates.
        • Mahesh Maddur
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 10, 2005
            Is there any way to create dynamic XSL file ????

            "Singhal, Ramneek (Exchange)" <rsinghal@...> wrote:You have to write an XSL file which will convert the xml data to FO.
[...]

            Xml xsl Xsl Xsl fo Xsl-fo Xsl tutorial