Re: [XSL-FO] FOP: Will not process large file

  • Olivier Collioud
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 3, 2005
      http://www.princexml.com ?

      >>> jasmine2501@... 3/11/05 2:58:12 AM >>>
      I checked out Lunasil, but to be honest, I would like to get away from
      using java-based stuff altogether. We are a Microsoft shop, with backend
      mainframes and such. Integrating the COBOL files from the mainframes is
      enough work for me right now, and the .NET stuff seems to work pretty
      well. I have done a .NET object in C# which creates the 21MB FO file I
      spoke of, and it does the database call (9400 rows X about 1K each row),
      and the transformation, inserting the data into the FO template, in like
      3 seconds. What I would really like is a .NET or COM compatible PDF
      creator, but I have been unable to find one except for Crystal Reports,
      which sucks. That's why we're using FOP in the first place. It is funky
      though because I have to do a call out to the FOP servlet which runs in
      Apache Tomcat. I would like to be able to just create an instance of an
      object and control it from my C# program, but have not been able to find
      anything capable of this. If anyone has any suggestions I!
      would greatly appreciate it.

      Have a groovy day y'all,
      Jasmine

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      ------
      World Intellectual Property Organization Disclaimer:

      This electronic message may contain privileged, confidential and
      copyright protected information. If you have received this e-mail
      by mistake, please immediately notify the sender and delete this
      e-mail and all its attachments. Please ensure all e-mail attachments
      are scanned for viruses prior to opening or using.
    • Werner Donné
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 3, 2005
        Jasmine,

        XEP from RenderX is also available for .NET.

        Regards,

        Werner.

        --
        Werner Donné -- Re BVBA
        Engelbeekstraat 8
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 3, 2005
          I would recommend to take a look at Altsoft Xml2PDF
          (http://alt-soft.com/products_xml2pdf_download.jsp). Based on my experience
          it is one of the most compliant .NET formatters for XSL-FO.

          Best regards,
          Victor Vishnyakov
          http://xslfo-zone.com/